Voyager vr 96 help please.

A forum for the discussion of matters of a technical nature. All such activities are undertaken at the readers discretion and own risk. If you don't know what you are doing, don't blame us if it all goes wrong!
Pinksnake
Regular
Regular

Voyager vr 96 help please.

Post by Pinksnake »

Just got the above radio as a gift from chris dt307 radio is working ok apart from 2 small issues first is the kc shift only slides about 2kc so this means I cant get the zeros or uk fm offset either. Second issue is it has an annoying talkack that I cant turn off..its a right pain so any help I can get with these 2 small issues would be great.

Thanks again chris for the freebie.
lbcomms
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Re: Voyager vr 96 help please.

Post by lbcomms »

Pinksnake wrote: 20 Sep 2023, 18:09 first is the kc shift only slides about 2kc so this means I cant get the zeros
Second issue is it has an annoying talkack that I cant turn off.
1) As you turn the slider / clarifier from one extreme to the other, what voltage (relative to power supply negative) range do you get on the cathode of the varactor used in the clarifier circuit?

2) If it's a one off mod, impossible to say without seeing it (or at least a picture or three!), every one could be different. However, a wrongly wired mike plug or a short in the plug itself (between common and PTT Rx, or between the metal connector and PTT Rx) can cause "talkback" that will be there whenever you key the mike.
Pinksnake
Regular
Regular

Re: Voyager vr 96 help please.

Post by Pinksnake »

Thanks very much for the info.
With regards to the clarifier issue I have been reliably informed that it involves a tad of fetteling about that is way beyond my skills. Sorted out problem 2 with a diffrent mic. Thanks very much.