UK CB Radio servicing

This is the place to discuss any general CB radio related topics. Getting started, installations, operation etc.
NightProwler
Veteran
Veteran
Call Sign: 163TM186

UK CB Radio servicing

Post by NightProwler »

So the other day I was watching Bunsen Honeydew from the muppets servicing another CB radio, Now I know he hates any mods to a radio and normally rips them out. I cant remember what radio it was but someone sent in a 40 channel CB for servicing and when he opened it up it had a mod inside, Someone had fitted an extra channel or 10KC jump or as some people called it the midnight channel. Christ he wasnt happy. Anyway he removed it so save the owner doing 6 months in prison :lol: Really? Can you imagine it?

In prison....

Some huge geezer in for murder or armed robbery..."Alright mate what you in for?"

CB'er..."I had an extra channel fitted to my CB radio"

Oh my god!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Now I like his videos but what drugs is he on to think you will get 6 months in prison for that?
Shorter of breath and one day closer to death
LondonCbRadio

Re: UK CB Radio servicing

Post by LondonCbRadio »

That guy is stuck in the early 80's i think.
lambrettadave
Veteran
Veteran
Call Sign: TM455

Post by lambrettadave »

NightProwler wrote: 04 Sep 2023, 16:45 So the other day I was watching Bunsen Honeydew from the muppets servicing another CB radio, Now I know he hates any mods to a radio and normally rips them out. I cant remember what radio it was but someone sent in a 40 channel CB for servicing and when he opened it up it had a mod inside, Someone had fitted an extra channel or 10KC jump or as some people called it the midnight channel. Christ he wasnt happy. Anyway he removed it so save the owner doing 6 months in prison :lol: Really? Can you imagine it?

In prison....

Some huge geezer in for murder or armed robbery..."Alright mate what you in for?"

Now I like his videos but what drugs is he on to think you will get 6 months in prison for that?
Naughty buggers causing interference on little old ladies TV's
CALL SIGN 26TM455 OPERATOR DAVE QTH SUNDERLAND

http://www.flickr.com/photos/88011785@N06/ for CB magazine.reviews

http://www.youtube.com/user/lambrettadave7 for some vids of my radios.
UK-Ham86
Regular
Regular

Post by UK-Ham86 »

I reckon it might just be possible to grind out the underneath of one of those wide body LC7136 chips and make enough room to fit a well designed flexible PCB with a binary PLL and microcontroller, then you would use the CH9 and CH19 input pins to switch between 4 bands, L M H and UK.

It'd be funny watching him trying to work it out but a complete waste of effort as he'd just smash it up or throw it away and the video would probably never make it on youtube.
NightProwler
Veteran
Veteran

Post by NightProwler »

I was watching one of his new videos the other day where he was going through some old CB radio magazines and all of a sudden a page came up with a big photo of a Bremi BRL500 amp, He quickly turned the page and said "Well lets not look at that" :lol:
bozzy

Post by bozzy »

Warlooo Mr Chippy
Last edited by bozzy on 03 Oct 2023, 20:58, edited 1 time in total.
Mudslinger
Legend
Legend

Post by Mudslinger »

Was it true that he threw away a perfectly good Tristar branded microphone simply becaus Tristar never made a UK legal radio?

If so the blokes a nutter!
Mudslinger - Simon
26TM274
26CT612

There is no such thing as a Fidelity 1000 which is too good to scrap.
bozzy

Post by bozzy »

Mudslinger wrote: 03 Oct 2023, 20:37 Was it true that he threw away a perfectly good Tristar branded microphone simply becaus Tristar never made a UK legal radio?

If so the blokes a nutter!
I read that too, just not found the video where he did that.

In fairness, his video's are pretty good, but....
Buick Mackane

Post by Buick Mackane »

I Agree his reactions to illegal modifications are very OTT, He is heavily involved with the church, So probably very law abiding , His videos are ok but a bit repetitive
I Am the great cornholio are you threatening me ?
Tin soldier
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by Tin soldier »

NightProwler wrote: 04 Sep 2023, 16:45 So the other day I was watching Bunsen Honeydew from the muppets servicing another CB radio, Now I know he hates any mods to a radio and normally rips them out. I cant remember what radio it was but someone sent in a 40 channel CB for servicing and when he opened it up it had a mod inside, Someone had fitted an extra channel or 10KC jump or as some people called it the midnight channel. Christ he wasnt happy. Anyway he removed it so save the owner doing 6 months in prison :lol: Really? Can you imagine it?

In prison....

Bunsen Honeydew FFS :lol:

What's with the geezer who always comments "good luck with the radio repair from east sheen" every firkin video? :lol:
Except the church organ one where he complained he didn't like them and just wanted CB :lol:

Its like that Gregg on fred in the shed.
"Frid i love your CB "
Frid i buy ham radio one day"
Frid CB radio is cool
:o {bnghd}
Buick Mackane

Post by Buick Mackane »

Norman Stanley Fletcher, you have pleaded guilty to pulling a reference crystal off frequency , and it is now my duty to pass sentence. You are an habitual criminal, who accepts arrest as an occupational hazard, and presumably accepts imprisonment in the same casual manner. We therefore feel constrained to commit you to the maximum term allowed for these offences: you will go to prison for 30 years.
I Am the great cornholio are you threatening me ?
NightProwler
Veteran
Veteran

Post by NightProwler »

Buick Mackane wrote: 04 Oct 2023, 08:45 Norman Stanley Fletcher, you have pleaded guilty to pulling a reference crystal off frequency , and it is now my duty to pass sentence. You are an habitual criminal, who accepts arrest as an occupational hazard, and presumably accepts imprisonment in the same casual manner. We therefore feel constrained to commit you to the maximum term allowed for these offences: you will go to prison for 30 years.
:lol: very good old chap
bozzy

Post by bozzy »

Sorry, couldn't resist, Bunsen and Mr Chippy.....

Mudslinger
Legend
Legend

Post by Mudslinger »

Buick Mackane wrote: 04 Oct 2023, 08:34 I Agree his reactions to illegal modifications are very OTT, He is heavily involved with the church, So probably very law abiding , His videos are ok but a bit repetitive

Being involved with a church doesn't equate to being law abiding.

For a start if you followed a lot of what is said in the Bible you would soon end up in the dock...

Then there is the issue of child abuse.

But that's another thread for another day.
Mudslinger - Simon
26TM274
26CT612

There is no such thing as a Fidelity 1000 which is too good to scrap.
Transwarp
Veteran
Veteran
Call Sign: Viper

Post by Transwarp »

Mudslinger wrote: 06 Oct 2023, 11:14 Being involved with a church doesn't equate to being law abiding.

For a start if you followed a lot of what is said in the Bible you would soon end up in the dock...
What, for turning the other cheek and not being a sinner?
Champion of IBTL Christmas Edition 2023.
Champion of IBTL Autumn 2022 Edition.