Why do people sit on the 19 ?

This is the place to discuss any general CB radio related topics. Getting started, installations, operation etc.
bertonumber1
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: 108AT106

Re: Why do people sit on the 19 ?

Post by bertonumber1 »

ch25 wrote: 04 Sep 2023, 10:10
NightProwler wrote: 04 Sep 2023, 09:58 I love the whistlers on 555. Chap by me does it all the time. Last saturday I cracked up the juice and whistled back at him and said "it's bloody annoying isnt it"
Whistlers are nothing. El commandante on 555 is crème de la crème of 11m. World class %#%$#%
I spat my coffee out there as i hear that as well in Scotland
I'm guessing this is Francisco . Radio Alicante ?
Bonna cia bonna cia (SIC)
"My antenna My antenna 1 Kilowatt Antenna " is his mantra

T5 is like NLP repetitive reinforcement where the worlds crackpots seem to compete for who can make the biggest noise .

It is comical in a way but after a while you start to become vexed .

I am bombarded by 1 division and Hakuna Matata and even Tarzan made a guest appearance the other day while i was in qso.

If you didnt laugh you would cry ..Who gave these maniacs a mic let alone 1KW to play with.

Its not all bad i like the groundwave and when some of the other Alfa Tango , or 26 Charlie Tango stations start to appear for a chinwag .

All the best
Kind Regards

Rab
ch25
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: Lemmy

Post by ch25 »

There is another clown on 555: 50CCCP (RA3WDN on amateur bands)
WE ARE MOTÖRHEAD, AND WE PLAY ROCK N' ROLL
You can't have too many antennas...
Transwarp
Veteran
Veteran
Call Sign: Viper

Post by Transwarp »

haha! I've heard the cry of Tarzan (maybe not same but another character) on 555 a couple of times and it beats the usual oooolaaa-oooolaa and whistling. Raises a smile when I hear it.
Champion of IBTL Christmas Edition 2023.
Champion of IBTL Autumn 2022 Edition.
109 Jim
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by 109 Jim »

as per title, they are arogant selfish dimwits who think its beneath them to make a call and move to another ch/freq , and think 500w is not enough to talk to the next street. As i have said before i am glad i am not holding my breath for the couple of scottish ops in this forum to tell us why they do it.
Tin soldier
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by Tin soldier »

109 Jim wrote: 19 Nov 2023, 04:22 as per title, they are arogant selfish dimwits who think its beneath them to make a call and move to another ch/freq , and think 500w is not enough to talk to the next street. As i have said before i am glad i am not holding my breath for the couple of scottish ops in this forum to tell us why they do it.
I have to admit that I and one or two others I chat with hold conversation on 19 at times.
It's usually at quiet times and more a case of forgetting to move rather than purposely blocking 19.

Other stations heard in the background is usually a prompt/reminder to move .

If I was switching on CB radio for the first time right now. I'd rather hear music players, Tarzan, ole ole, swearing, and whistling than nothing at all.
I'm not condoning it, I'm just saying hearing something rather than nothing would be more encouraging to carry on imo.
109 Jim
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by 109 Jim »

If I was switching on CB radio for the first time right now. I'd rather hear music players, Tarzan, ole ole, swearing, and whistling than nothing at all.
I'm not condoning it, I'm just saying hearing something rather than nothing would be more encouraging to carry on imo.
[/quote]

The Dimwits in my area shout at skip to get off T5 as its disturbing their net and like you they say they do it when its quiet , quiet for you/them maybe but others hear dx or groundwave/scatter they dont , is it really that hard to chat with your mates on another freq , the dimwits here have said they do it to cause as much hastle as possible and as its illegal they will do as they please ,
Tin soldier
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by Tin soldier »

109 Jim wrote: 19 Nov 2023, 08:39 If I was switching on CB radio for the first time right now. I'd rather hear music players, Tarzan, ole ole, swearing, and whistling than nothing at all.
The Dimwits in my area shout at skip to get off T5 as its disturbing their net and like you they say they do it when its quiet , quiet for you/them maybe but others hear dx or groundwave/scatter they dont , is it really that hard to chat with your mates on another freq , the dimwits here have said they do it to cause as much hastle as possible and as its illegal they will do as they please ,
[/quote]

Like I said, it's more a case of "it's quiet" and more forgetting we're on 19 rather than purposely blocking it.
And certainly not on triple 5.
Also usually lower power amongst locals on 19 .