Top Poster
Top Poster

Mountain Rescue

Post by Bogget »

anyone know the england and wales mountain rescue freq

also the Busxton mountain rescue freq

thank you

Bogget
Amateur does not have a CH its pronounced "am-a-tore" NOT am-a-chure !
neil57uk1

Re: Mountain Rescue

Post by neil57uk1 »

Search 155.78125 to 155.95625 at 12.5khz steps.
Several for you to find in the Peak District so look forward to your reports.
Bogget
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Bogget »

im looking to cross feed them on to network radio so everyone can listen
neil57uk1

Post by neil57uk1 »

Oh no! Please please please dont do that. They are private conversations often about personal and sensitive matters. What you are proposing is guaranteed will force the MRT's to turn encryption on and you will spoil it for everybody.
Please confirm to the group that you wont do that.
DX-Digger
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: TM205

Post by DX-Digger »

I agree with Neil, if you start doing that they will encrypt. If others want to listen give them the frequencies in private.
Even posting frequencies on here is a no no as google crawls this site and has all the posts searchable.
You try it, do a search for Mountain Rescue Frequencies I bet you find a link to your post on here.
Please dont re-broadcast them its not the done thing.
:thumbdown:
ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ
Bogget
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Bogget »

I think you miss the point and dont understand how network channels work, you can not listen to it unless i invite you and give you the password.

Bogget
neil57uk1

Post by neil57uk1 »

But there is absolutely no need to do that so why risk damaging the hobby for everybody. Please dont.
Mototrbo2020
Regular
Regular

Post by Mototrbo2020 »

Bogget wrote: 04 Mar 2022, 14:41 im looking to cross feed them on to network radio so everyone can listen
{bnghd} {bnghd}
Bogget
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Bogget »

neil57uk1 wrote: 04 Mar 2022, 22:55 But there is absolutely no need to do that so why risk damaging the hobby for everybody. Please dont.
Please read above lol

Bogget
Bogget
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Bogget »

Mototrbo2020 wrote: 05 Mar 2022, 09:50
Bogget wrote: 04 Mar 2022, 14:41 im looking to cross feed them on to network radio so everyone can listen
{bnghd} {bnghd}
please try to understand what i am saying before you comment, network channels are very secure you can not listen unless i invite you and give you the password, so please explain how it can damage the hobby.
Crosslinking to a network channel is very populer to listen to radio that you can not pick up in your area, it can not damage the hobby only promote it.

It enhances our scanning hobby, my network scanner is busy all day very rare i get a quiet spot iv got lots to listen to from the Coastguard north of scotland to the NY Police the latter give out their network channels to listen to. I could not listen to either any other way. I can also chat to my friends in Far away places like Oz and listen to how their emergancy services are dealing with bush fires or the current floods.

If you want to comment and i do welcome your comments please explain your comment and tell me how YOU will listen to a channel i crosslink.

Bogget
neil57uk1

Post by neil57uk1 »

Some advertise and promote what they are intercepting and broadcasting on their network. When this comes to or is brought to the attention of the licence holder their only option is to switch encryption on. Some active individuals have caused mass encryption in some areas. It's not a question of how I can listen but it's the possibility of the licence holders knowledge that their private coms are being repeated on the internet for entertainment.
Bogget
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Bogget »

neil57uk1 wrote: 05 Mar 2022, 17:57 Some advertise and promote what they are intercepting and broadcasting on their network. When this comes to or is brought to the attention of the licence holder their only option is to switch encryption on. Some active individuals have caused mass encryption in some areas. It's not a question of how I can listen but it's the possibility of the licence holders knowledge that their private coms are being repeated on the internet for entertainment.
There are more analog scanner listeners than network radio listeners, and this afternoon i spoke to the MRT and asked their opinion,....... they sent me their logo to put on the channel.

They also said they would like to trial the network radios themselves as aparently they have been discussing it over the last few months and would welcome my input and asstance.

The move to network radio is huge, there are more amatures on it than analog, DMR, and all the other modes put togetherr and probably more CBers too (on the seperate CB channels). One of my fave channels is a newspaper news room feed always intresting stuff and i also listen with their permission, its a different world, no matter what time day or night i have things to listen to.
Today iv been listening to the Ukraine and chatted to them twice in english, and a shopwatch in cornwall, listen only of course.
Im a radio ham and have been for years, but i love my network radios.

Bogget
neil57uk1

Post by neil57uk1 »

There cant be any issues if the licence holder gives permission for their conversations to be listened to. Are you realy saying that the networks that broadcast the local shopwatch, retail centre security, factory or railway station etc etc have permission and that employees know and are happy that their private conversations are on the internet?
Bogget
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Bogget »

neil57uk1 wrote: 05 Mar 2022, 19:19 There cant be any issues if the licence holder gives permission for their conversations to be listened to. Are you realy saying that the networks that broadcast the local shopwatch, retail centre security, factory or railway station etc etc have permission and that employees know and are happy that their private conversations are on the internet?
On the internet??? no they are not on the internet, network radios are very simler to the police system in actual use and use the celular network and i suppose for short range you can piggy back wifi but with no internet they will still work just fine.

And as i said there are more people listening to the users on uniden and whistler scanners than netword radios so lets ask it a diferent way are those same employees happy your listening to their private conversations on your uniden?

Bogget
DX-Digger
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: TM205

Post by DX-Digger »

Thank you for pointing out the Network privacy use. Being honest I was thinking you were going to stream them on a public group i.e facebook or youtube etc.
You cant blame us for reacting the way we did. Anyway have fun Cheers :thumbsup:
ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ