UBC785XLT help

General scanning discussion forum. Talk about anything to do with scanners, equipment, VHF/UHF reception and the art of catching those illusive signals!
Baz22
New User
New User

UBC785XLT help

Post by Baz22 »

Hi guys
have been given ubc785xlt and need help to enter manually enter frqs in to banks.
any help most welcome
Baz22
New User
New User

Re: UBC785XLT help

Post by Baz22 »

i must be on the wrong site 87 views not one reply, oh well i'll get my coat.
Auldgeek
Veteran
Veteran
Call Sign: GM0BRJ

Post by Auldgeek »

Baz22 wrote: 20 Feb 2022, 19:16 Hi guys
have been given ubc785xlt and need help to enter manually enter frqs in to banks.
any help most welcome
The manual is a good place to start. These Bearcat scanners are not the easiest to get your head around, so it's best to try and hook it up to a PC and get a programming cable and software. That said, have a look at the manual and that should get you going. I had one of these for a good few years. They perform well but are "Yank" based in the pre-programmed band plans and some step sizes are not correct for GB (assuming you are in GB)

http://www.scancat.com/OnLineHelp/OEM_R ... 785XLT.pdf
Auldgeek - Drew

Winner of IBTL Autumn 23 Edition
I've changed radios so many times, I've forgotten what I have :think:
Baz22
New User
New User

Post by Baz22 »

thanks for reply, yes from GB i was hoping not to go down the PC road its a shame when you when you buy something and then find out you have to program it using a PC i have the same problem trying to program my Yasue VR-5000 and given up on it.
Auldgeek
Veteran
Veteran
Call Sign: GM0BRJ

Post by Auldgeek »

Baz22 wrote: 23 Feb 2022, 10:11 thanks for reply, yes from GB i was hoping not to go down the PC road its a shame when you when you buy something and then find out you have to program it using a PC i have the same problem trying to program my Yasue VR-5000 and given up on it.
Don't get me wrong, you can program it manually. It's just that it's counter intuative and a bit of a faff. It's a decent scanner mind you and you can also add a discriminator tap to feed in to your PC via a cheap SDR dongle (sorry, PC seems inevitable these days)

Anyhoo, I wish you luck. It can be done....with patience.
Auldgeek - Drew

Winner of IBTL Autumn 23 Edition
I've changed radios so many times, I've forgotten what I have :think:
Baz22
New User
New User

Post by Baz22 »

Auldgeek wrote: 24 Feb 2022, 22:54
Baz22 wrote: 23 Feb 2022, 10:11 thanks for reply, yes from GB i was hoping not to go down the PC road its a shame when you when you buy something and then find out you have to program it using a PC i have the same problem trying to program my Yasue VR-5000 and given up on it.
Don't get me wrong, you can program it manually. It's just that it's counter intuative and a bit of a faff. It's a decent scanner mind you and you can also add a discriminator tap to feed in to your PC via a cheap SDR dongle (sorry, PC seems inevitable these days)

Anyhoo, I wish you luck. It can be done....with patience.
many thanks for your help and advice :thumbup: