Amstrad Mic's How many were there ?

This is the place to discuss any general CB radio related topics. Getting started, installations, operation etc.
Hair Bear
Regular
Regular

Re: Amstrad Mic's How many were there ?

Post by Hair Bear »

I'm fairly certain I had one of the round faced variety a few yeas ago second hand from a York and badged as a JCB.
One person in ten understands binary, the other one doesn't.
The Collector
Legend
Legend

Post by The Collector »

Hair Bear wrote: 03 Feb 2022, 21:10 I'm fairly certain I had one of the round faced variety a few yeas ago second hand from a York and badged as a JCB.
It's quite easy to rebadge mic's if you've got rub-off lettering or a printer & the know-how.
I sold an Amstrad not long ago with a standard "Robin Reliant" mic' that I'd rebadged with AMSTRAD in white rub-off lettering. I said on the ebay ad' that it was homemade though.

I also did a YORK one that had black writing on a brushed aluminium backround for something different.

I'm well known for messing with stuff ;) :
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
NightProwler
Veteran
Veteran
Call Sign: 163TM186

Post by NightProwler »

Gotta love that Stalker mic :clap:
Shorter of breath and one day closer to death
The Collector
Legend
Legend

Post by The Collector »

NightProwler wrote: 04 Feb 2022, 18:51 Gotta love that Stalker mic :clap:
That was my first attempt at vinyl wrapping and it took me two goes to get it right. The picture's taken from off our old PC screen.
It was only cheap vinyl from the local hardware store and really made for just lining inside kitchen drawers etc (Fablon), so it didn't stretch as well as the proper stuff does and it hasn't got an air-release design like the better car vinyls have that helps to prevent bubbles.

Nevertheless, I was well pleased with it and I did the rear half too.

At the time I wasn't collecting SSB stuff but I wish I'd kept it to go with my Stalker ST9f -DX now. I've got a mic' for it now, but I haven't got the brand sticker.

I've still got the white Astatic mic' but sold the gold 007 mic' on.
NightProwler
Veteran
Veteran
Call Sign: 163TM186

Post by NightProwler »

Thinking back now I wrapped a Harrier homebase in smarties wrap before. Looked pretty cool. I havent seen it for years but like the wood grain stuff but smarties sweets all over it. It was terrible talking to someone when you had the munchies.
Shorter of breath and one day closer to death
The Collector
Legend
Legend

Post by The Collector »

Back on the Amstrad mic' theme, found this Rumbelows' advert showing the Fluted Barracuda/ Petrusse-type mic' above:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cb4ever104
Legend
Legend

Post by cb4ever104 »

"Wide choice of credit available" Sad times when you needed to take out a loan to buy an Amstrad 😀
30TM060
Paul aka "Sammy". (108) PY60 Old Paisley DX Group (RIP Rab Markie)
Ex GM0 , now EA5 .
Handle "Fortune Hunter" back in "the day"
Radios ....? Anything that says "TAIWAN R.O.C" on the back.
The Collector
Legend
Legend

Post by The Collector »

If anyone remembers Rumbelows, then you're an old fogey ;)
The Collector
Legend
Legend

Post by The Collector »

Buy this and then stick an Amstrad sticker on it for that authentic, box-type look:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-Barr ... 635-2958-0
Otter
Veteran
Veteran
Call Sign: 26TM439

Post by Otter »

Wasn't the Barracuda a Fidelity 1000 type radio? That would mean that the mic is listed for more than the radio is worth.
"To this day the words Stirling bridge conjour pride in every Scotsman's heart, while to an Englishman those same words conjour literally no feelings at all." - Cunk on Britain S1 E1
The Collector
Legend
Legend

Post by The Collector »

Otter wrote: 28 Feb 2022, 18:59 Wasn't the Barracuda a Fidelity 1000 type radio? That would mean that the mic is listed for more than the radio is worth.
That one was for the higher-spec'd Cybernet-boarded one, same as the Sapphire 4000. It used the Fidelity 2000/Rotel 240/York 863/ etc board. The mic's are quite hard to find, although I doubt many people would want to pay that much for one.