Nagai superstar 3900 freq plan p!ease

The place to talk about specific radios, equipment and accessories. Do you prefer the latest generation of rigs and antennas or do you like the classics? Discuss it here!
original45
Radio Addict
Radio Addict
Call Sign: 45

Re: Nagai superstar 3900 freq plan p!ease

Post by original45 »

Image showing rear of potentiometer and second image showing green wire from that very potentiometer to the resister on board.
Hope this helps identify if it is a variable power pot as well as swr cal and where i can obtain a replacement please. Cheers .
Apologies in reply to the question of image .radio was put away a while over xmas.atvb
cb4ever104
Legend
Legend

Post by cb4ever104 »

That's just your standard DIY variable power on the SWR CAL . Usually the SWR CAL is bypassed/jumpered on the SWR switch and it gets used to vary the AM/FM power instead . You've got a few choices :

1) Fix your rotating SWR CAL and rewire it to stock and use the VR to set it to 4W . (My choice)

2) Get hold of a pull switch that operates the SWR CAL when in and power when out . Don't know where you would get one . Aliexpress or similar ? Or maybe an old Dirland or something , although I'm not sure of the value of those DSF filter controls .

3) Fix your rotating SWR CAL and leave it as is (Variable power)

The SWR CAL and VR are both 5Ks .

Sammy
30TM060
Paul aka "Sammy". (108) PY60 Old Paisley DX Group (RIP Rab Markie)
Ex GM0 , now EA5 .
Handle "Fortune Hunter" back in "the day"
Radios ....? Anything that says "TAIWAN R.O.C" on the back.
original45
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by original45 »

Thank you confirmed my thought as standard. I did buy a standard swr cal pot for 3900 .Will now consider how it gets wired.
I don't need variable rf output, I too prefer 4 or 5 watt so I think we know where this is going here.

Thank you as ever my friend .love this site ,so many knowledgeable folk willing to share.

If only now I had the skills to sort it .hopefully a friend will come to the rescue again
Atvb.
Bless ya
14CS06
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by 14CS06 »

Photo Collector CB RADIO
cb4ever104
Legend
Legend

Post by cb4ever104 »

No problem. The SWR CAL wiring is the same in all of these. If you download the wiring diagram for the Cobra 148 GTL-DX MK2 then you'll be able to see how it's wired. The Ranger is the same.
30TM060
Paul aka "Sammy". (108) PY60 Old Paisley DX Group (RIP Rab Markie)
Ex GM0 , now EA5 .
Handle "Fortune Hunter" back in "the day"
Radios ....? Anything that says "TAIWAN R.O.C" on the back.
original45
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by original45 »

Thank you claude and Sammy. The link is excellent indeed. Atvb