Zetagi mb 5 Yeasu FT897

The place to talk about specific amateur radio equipment and all types of accessories, fixes, repairs and modification.
tommie1shunt
Regular
Regular

Zetagi mb 5 Yeasu FT897

Post by tommie1shunt »

Anyone got any idea how to get the above wired up? Tried the the old trick of an ethernet cable but it just does not seem to operate the radio. The Zetagi is brand new with it's stock 4 pin plug still fitted. Was hoping to make or buy an adaptor cable, my attempt's at making one have failed miserably, not an novice, wired plenty of CB mikes back in the day but the RJ 45 connection is doing my box in!!!!
If you can help I would appreciate it.
ch25
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: Lemmy

Re: Zetagi mb 5 Yeasu FT897

Post by ch25 »

Pinout of Zetagi is available, so pinout 897 mic socket.
What is the problem?
WE ARE MOTÖRHEAD, AND WE PLAY ROCK N' ROLL
You can't have too many antennas...
Mitch
Radio Addict
Radio Addict
Call Sign: M1TCH

Post by Mitch »

I've made my own adapter lead for my FT-857 so I can fit any cybernet wired 4 pin mic, it wasn't hard, I cut up a network cable and put a 4 pin mic socket on it. I bet your 897 is wired similar if not the same. You only need 3 pins connected, the earths can be connected together (2 & 5), then PTT (3) and mic (4).

FT-857 lead.jpg
FT-857 pins.jpg
FT-857 mic.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The perfect face for radio.
tommie1shunt
Regular
Regular

Post by tommie1shunt »

Mitch
Thanks, You put me on the right track and I have now got it sorted, Lemmy you are something I put up with every covid jab I get.