GlasgowTransmission
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: TV54

Hytera pd985 Glasgow

Post by GlasgowTransmission »

Hi

I currently have a sds100 scanner

I also have a radio that can pickup the frequencies for the scanner it has the option to transmit but I have never once done this.

I have recently ordered a Hytera pd985 will this be able to pickup the same frequencies I program to it even if they use mototrbo system ?

Just wanting to know if i program frequencies and colour code to Hytera radio when it comes can I still listen to these frequencies
Metradio
Radio Addict
Radio Addict
Call Sign: G7HID

Re: Hytera pd985 Glasgow

Post by Metradio »

GlasgowTransmission wrote: 03 Nov 2021, 18:18 Hi

I currently have a sds100 scanner

I also have a radio that can pickup the frequencies for the scanner it has the option to transmit but I have never once done this.

I have recently ordered a Hytera pd985 will this be able to pickup the same frequencies I program to it even if they use mototrbo system ?

Just wanting to know if i program frequencies and colour code to Hytera radio when it comes can I still listen to these frequencies
depending on the capabilities of the DMR systems you are trying to listen to, The PD985 does not have a promiscuous mode so it will require all DMR parameters to be correctly entered to receive anything. If there is any additional filtering such as RAS the PD985 will remain silent but the SDS100 will receive no problem.

Mike
Connect Systems CS750 and CS800, Hytera PD-365, Motorola DP4600.
Raspberry Pi 2 and DV4Mini HotSpot.
AOR AR-DV1 Digital Voice Receiver / eSPY on ARD V1.

Whistler WS1088 / TRX-1 / Whistler Q / UBCD3600XLT / WTR Browser.