no one reply's

A place for new members to say hello and to introduce yourself.

If you're not sure where to post, try here!
Colind1234
Regular
Regular

Re: no one reply's

Post by Colind1234 »

I've also been waiting for call sign for while now and I agree with other posts if he's not up to job he should be replaced and someone more reliable put in his place if he is I'll I feel very sorry for him but on same subject shouldn't some else be able to cover
astradyne

Post by astradyne »

Colind1234 wrote: 15 Oct 2021, 12:23 I've also been waiting for call sign for while now and I agree with other posts if he's not up to job he should be replaced and someone more reliable put in his place if he is I'll I feel very sorry for him but on same subject shouldn't some else be able to cover
I'm sure Craig will reply when he returns. With everything that's going on in the world at the moment is waiting for a call sign really that important? You don't know what's happened in his personal life. Maybe he's lost a family member to Covid-19 or for any reason. Maybe he's had it and is recovering himself. God forbid he's lost one of his kids. He'll kick himself for not putting his private life to one side to pop onto TM1 to sort you out with a callsign.

A little empathy wouldn't go amiss.
Never, ever, ever....bloody anything ever!

Far too many radio's to list here. But I do own a legal one...
Otter
Veteran
Veteran
Call Sign: 26TM439

Post by Otter »

It worries me that if nobody with admin rights visits frequently, something could go very wrong. I think at the very least astradyne should have more priviledges and maybe there be a couple of extra mods. For mods to have some way of contacting admins outside of the forum would also be good.
"To this day the words Stirling bridge conjour pride in every Scotsman's heart, while to an Englishman those same words conjour literally no feelings at all." - Cunk on Britain S1 E1
astradyne

Post by astradyne »

Otter wrote: 15 Oct 2021, 13:47 It worries me that if nobody with admin rights visits frequently, something could go very wrong. I think at the very least astradyne should have more priviledges and maybe there be a couple of extra mods. For mods to have some way of contacting admins outside of the forum would also be good.
That's the thing. Outside of TM1 I have no way of contacting either Simon or Craig. Simon being a silent partner of sorts rarely visits the site. Craig hasn't visited since August 30th. So even if I'd send him a PM he wouldn't have seen it. As I said we don't know what's going on in Craig's life right now. I genuinely hope it's nothing terrible.

I'm doing the best I can with the mod status I have. I'm doing my best by you guys, but I also have a busy life and I'm about to become a grandfather for the third time (making me feel that bit older). At the moment I'm the only active admin/mod on the site. Someone has to protect you gentle folk from the countless ads for dubious prosthetics and Chinese sex dolls! :lol:

anfgremlin76
Regular
Regular

Post by anfgremlin76 »

astradyne wrote: 13 Oct 2021, 22:58 Craig hasn't logged on since the end of August. This could be for any number of reasons, but hopefully nothing serious and we must wish him the best for whatever's going on.

I'm currently on my own taking care of the site. But as a mod I don't have the authority to assign call signs to new members. Patience is the key folks. I'm sure Craig will make it a priority upon his return.
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Success is a journey not a destination ;)
paulears
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: G4RMT

Post by paulears »

The ™ callsigns are just one guy with a list of numbers keeping a central register. You tell him where you live for the region and he gives you a number. The advantage I suppose is that if a person with a ™ number used it and did unpleasant or illegal things, then somebody could knock on his door and ask who has this callsign? That's pretty much it. They're made up numbers - membership numbers if you like. If the fella can't do it and is having trouble, there's nothing anyone can do, so as they're not official in any way, I doubt making one up would a. ever be noticed and b. have any consequences whatsoever. I keep getting notifications from QRZ for contacts I make on 10m and 20m with American stations mainly. I've got quite a few built up. I've not been active on the HF bands since 1985! Somebody is pirating my G4 somewhere. I don't really care, and if I ever go back on HF, I have a head start!
bigpimp347
Legend
Legend

Post by bigpimp347 »

astradyne wrote: 15 Oct 2021, 14:17

That's the thing. Outside of TM1 I have no way of contacting either Simon or Craig. Simon being a silent partner of sorts rarely visits the site. Craig hasn't visited since August 30th. So even if I'd send him a PM he wouldn't have seen it. As I said we don't know what's going on in Craig's life right now. I genuinely hope it's nothing terrible.

so who is the one who keeps posting about TM1 on facebook on the TM1 page ??
i'm sure he's on facebook.
I want to Die Asleep like my Grandad did,
Unlike his Passengers, Screaming and Shouting.!
astradyne

Post by astradyne »

bigpimp347 wrote: 09 Nov 2021, 12:24

The last activity on there was over four months ago.

Buick Mackane

Post by Buick Mackane »

astradyne wrote: 15 Oct 2021, 14:17 . Someone has to protect you gentle folk from the countless ads for dubious prosthetics and Chinese sex dolls! :lol:
I bought one of those blow up china dolls, Think it had a puncture because It ended up going down on me........Bonus :thumbup:

Thankyou you've been a great audience :D
I Am the great cornholio are you threatening me ?
Buick Mackane

Post by Buick Mackane »

bigpimp347 wrote: 09 Nov 2021, 12:24

Probably admiral :lol:
Miles31
Regular
Regular

Post by Miles31 »

paulears wrote: 14 Oct 2021, 06:56 Forums, apparently, are old fashioned and the younger people find them dull and boring.
Unfortunately I think you have hit the nail on the head. A forum where you have anonymity doesn't appeal to the self obsessed, narcissistic personalities shaped by social media. No selfies on a forum.
Admiral
Legend
Legend
Call Sign: 26TM157

Post by Admiral »

paulears wrote: 16 Oct 2021, 19:44 Somebody is pirating my G4 somewhere. I don't really care,
Yeah, sorry about that
Winner of the 2017 IBTL 'Summer Sizzler' competition
Buick Mackane

Post by Buick Mackane »

No one gives a cluck. We've all been left here to die :(
Transwarp
Veteran
Veteran
Call Sign: Viper

Post by Transwarp »

bigpimp347 wrote: 09 Nov 2021, 12:22
anfgremlin76 wrote: 09 Oct 2021, 19:23 Screw it.
If no one is interested in giving me or anyone else for that matter a callsign I've just made one up...im not going to support a forum that doesn't support me. I'll just go elsewhere

wow you come across as a right d1ck..!!
spit your dummy out the pram often ??

you're not going to last long in the world of radio with an attitude like this.

oh and it's replies...'No one replies'
Well you've been going a while, what's your secret?
Champion of IBTL Christmas Edition 2023.
Champion of IBTL Autumn 2022 Edition.
Transwarp
Veteran
Veteran
Call Sign: Viper

Post by Transwarp »

Wow, what's with all the Weety hate? The forum is time resource hungry with no wages for running it, just the love for doing so. No more needs to be said.
Last edited by Transwarp on 12 Nov 2021, 17:30, edited 1 time in total.
Champion of IBTL Christmas Edition 2023.
Champion of IBTL Autumn 2022 Edition.