Czech handheld Transceivers E-Tech ES100

The place to discuss Commercial & Private licensed hand held & mobile transceivers, as well as imported hand held and mobile transceivers.
Werthers
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Czech handheld Transceivers E-Tech ES100

Post by Werthers »

Somebody gave me some E-Tech ES100 VHF handy talkies to see if I could sort them out.

My first step was to try identify what exactly is E-Tech ES100. Vigorous Google searches haven't told me a whole lot or where I can locate the programming software. All the sites I found were in Czech so I had to use google translate. The only useful thing I found out is that they can be programmed from 136 MHz to 174 MHz and put out 5watts and support 12.5 KHz so they could be useful sets if only I could find the programming software.

The radios have very good batteries and I got twin chargers with them. I have tested the radios and they appear to work fine although they don't work back to back because the RX/TX are different so they were probably used on a repeater network, they have 16 channels with 3 channels programmed. They look identical to Motorola sets but are not Motorola sets.

My google searches have hit a dead end with trying to find the programming software.

This is what they are: https://vysilackymilin.cz/detail-produk ... s-100-vhf/

Any help with locating a link or obtaining more info on these would be great.
Alucard
Call Sign: TW4T

Re: Czech handheld Transceivers E-Tech ES100

Post by Alucard »

I did a search for these as well and got the same as you, very little info and most of it in Slovakian. It's a good bet they're available under other make/models. What I would do is remove the case and look for a FCC number and search the FCC site for it or look for a pcb part number and search for that. Otherwise if they're identical to Motorola I'd download the Motorola software and take the gamble it works.
But that's just me :D
Never ask a starfish for directions.
Werthers
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by Werthers »

Thanks I'll take a look inside one. I doubt a Mototrola CPS would work with one tho. They are made in China so maybe some Beofeng programming software or something similar might work. One of the chargers that came with them says Icom on it.
Alucard
Call Sign: TW4T

Post by Alucard »

I haven't used Chirp before so I don't know if it can detect what radio you connect it to but even if it doesn't it might be worth connecting a radio and see if any of the configurations will read from it ?
Never ask a starfish for directions.