Jabber Products

This is the place to discuss any general CB radio related topics. Getting started, installations, operation etc.
MiXiN

Jabber Products

Post by MiXiN »

I was thinking about buying from here, but there seem to have been quite a few negative reviews left on eBay recently.

I was doing some reading around, and from what I can gather, this company has previously traded as Radiozing, buycbradio & others I can't recall just now.

Like nocando, the prices at Jabber undercut the competition somewhat.

So, what's the consensus? Any good or best avoided?
cb4ever104
Legend
Legend

Re: Jabber Products

Post by cb4ever104 »

No problems for me. Bought an AT6666 a while back. Only issue was the packaging. Radios should not be sent in jiffy bags ...
30TM060
Paul aka "Sammy". (108) PY60 Old Paisley DX Group (RIP Rab Markie)
Ex GM0 , now EA5 .
Handle "Fortune Hunter" back in "the day"
Radios ....? Anything that says "TAIWAN R.O.C" on the back.
Otter
Veteran
Veteran
Call Sign: 26TM439

Post by Otter »

MiXiN wrote: ↑20 Aug 2021, 17:27 I was doing some reading around, and from what I can gather, this company has previously traded as Radiozing, buycbradio & others I can't recall just
As far as I know it started as Radiozing. He gave it up for a while, somebody bought the domain and as a result he's now buycbradio and Radiozing.

I have no recent experience of purchasing from him, but there are a couple of threads:

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=56438&p=539521

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=58951
Last edited by Otter on 21 Aug 2021, 07:29, edited 1 time in total.
"To this day the words Stirling bridge conjour pride in every Scotsman's heart, while to an Englishman those same words conjour literally no feelings at all." - Cunk on Britain S1 E1
MiXiN

Post by MiXiN »

cb4ever104 wrote: ↑20 Aug 2021, 18:12 No problems for me. Bought an AT6666 a while back. Only issue was the packaging. Radios should not be sent in jiffy bags ...

Sent in a jiffy bag. Jesus. 🀣🀣🀣
LeakyFeeder
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by LeakyFeeder »

Just lookin at Companies House.... accounts overdue since feb 2021... maybe a warning marker?
Quite a bit of neg feedback aswell..πŸ€”
MiXiN

Post by MiXiN »

LeakyFeeder wrote: ↑21 Aug 2021, 01:31 Just lookin at Companies House.... accounts overdue since feb 2021... maybe a warning marker?
Quite a bit of neg feedback aswell..πŸ€”
I noticed the negative feedback, all saying roughly the same thing like "not received purchase & ignoring messages".

Never knew about the Company accounts being overdue.
astradyne

Post by astradyne »

MiXiN wrote: ↑20 Aug 2021, 20:57
cb4ever104 wrote: ↑20 Aug 2021, 18:12 No problems for me. Bought an AT6666 a while back. Only issue was the packaging. Radios should not be sent in jiffy bags ...

Yep!

I bought one of the new Dynascan 5555's that they had a few months back. Absolutely no complaints about their service, delivery was next day and the radio was as described and works flawlessly. Just the packaging.

A jiffy bag will offer no protection whatsoever and gone are the days of chunky polystyrene packaging to absorb any impacts during transit. All that's protecting your lovely brand new radio is a layer of cardboard. I was lucky and my Dynascan arrived unblemished. But a member on here bought one and his arrived damaged. I think it was the vol/squelch dual pot had taken a knock and was bent. That said when he contacted them they were very helpful and sent out a replacement straight away and the damaged radio was returned. No argument, no fuss, no drama.

Now had it been our old friend Nocando01 it would have been a different story...
Never, ever, ever....bloody anything ever!

Far too many radio's to list here. But I do own a legal one...
MiXiN

Post by MiXiN »

astradyne wrote: ↑21 Aug 2021, 12:14

Yep!

I bought one of the new Dynascan 5555's that they had a few months back. Absolutely no complaints about their service, delivery was next day and the radio was as described and works flawlessly. Just the packaging.

A jiffy bag will offer no protection whatsoever and gone are the days of chunky polystyrene packaging to absorb any impacts during transit. All that's protecting your lovely brand new radio is a layer of cardboard. I was lucky and my Dynascan arrived unblemished. But a member on here bought one and his arrived damaged. I think it was the vol/squelch dual pot had taken a knock and was bent. That said when he contacted them they were very helpful and sent out a replacement straight away and the damaged radio was returned. No argument, no fuss, no drama.

Now had it been our old friend Nocando01 it would have been a different story...
Pity about the jiffy bags otherwise I might've given Jabber a try.

I checked Companies house & leakyfeeder is spot on - accounts are well overdue.

Another negative left on eBay today, too, all sounding a bit grim & too similar to other reviews on there.

Tried to phone Jabber Products phone number, and that telephone number is non-existent, so I'm not sure what's going on there.

I think I'll buy elsewhere & pay a bit extra based on current affairs, but I definitely won't be buying from nocando.
The Collector
Legend
Legend

Post by The Collector »

MiXiN wrote: ↑21 Aug 2021, 12:22
astradyne wrote: ↑21 Aug 2021, 12:14

Yep!

Pity about the jiffy bags otherwise I might've given Jabber a try.

I checked Companies house & leakyfeeder is spot on - accounts are well overdue.

Another negative left on eBay today, too, all sounding a bit grim & too similar to other reviews on there.

Tried to phone Jabber Products phone number, and that telephone number is non-existent, so I'm not sure what's going on there.

I think I'll buy elsewhere & pay a bit extra based on current affairs, but I definitely won't be buying from nocando.
I think all the latest buyers will either be getting refunds either via ebay or Paypal then and they're probably not the last if ebay doesn't step in and suspend their account quickly.
Mudslinger
Legend
Legend

Post by Mudslinger »

My brother bought a radio from them a few weeks back. It arrived fine, no drama and no damage.
Mudslinger - Simon
26TM274
26CT612

There is no such thing as a Fidelity 1000 which is too good to scrap.
ROTEL240

Post by ROTEL240 »

I have had radio's and so have my freinds have purchased recently, next day delivery and all working fine and un damaged in their jiffy bags.
109 Jim
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by 109 Jim »

my brother got a crt 7900 from him , as above , sent in a jiffy bag , 10w ssb 11m , full power 10m , ( swr 1.1 on 11m . well over 1.5 10m ) when tried at my place same when he tried it mobile , radio sent back and another one sent out , same problem , he got a refund and jabber blamed both our coax and antennas lol , forgot to add swr shows high on the radio no matter what band and s meter showed s7 -8 of noise which i have not
Otter
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Otter »

109 Jim wrote: ↑23 Aug 2021, 10:57 my brother got a crt 7900 from him , as above , sent in a jiffy bag , 10w ssb 11m , full power 10m , ( swr 1.1 on 11m . well over 1.5 10m ) when tried at my place same when he tried it mobile , radio sent back and another one sent out , same problem , he got a refund and jabber blamed both our coax and antennas lol , forgot to add swr shows high on the radio no matter what band and s meter showed s7 -8 of noise which i have not
That sounds like good service to me. He raplaced the radio once, and then refunded. If the radios were faulty that's not his fault. If there's something wrong with the design that's not his fault either.
"To this day the words Stirling bridge conjour pride in every Scotsman's heart, while to an Englishman those same words conjour literally no feelings at all." - Cunk on Britain S1 E1
109 Jim
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by 109 Jim »

Otter wrote: ↑23 Aug 2021, 13:26
109 Jim wrote: ↑23 Aug 2021, 10:57 my brother got a crt 7900 from him , as above , sent in a jiffy bag , 10w ssb 11m , full power 10m , ( swr 1.1 on 11m . well over 1.5 10m ) when tried at my place same when he tried it mobile , radio sent back and another one sent out , same problem , he got a refund and jabber blamed both our coax and antennas lol , forgot to add swr shows high on the radio no matter what band and s meter showed s7 -8 of noise which i have not
That sounds like good service to me. He raplaced the radio once, and then refunded. If the radios were faulty that's not his fault. If there's something wrong with the design that's not his fault either.
i didnt say it was bad service , just what happend with my brother ,
Otter
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Otter »

109 Jim wrote: ↑23 Aug 2021, 13:34 i didnt say it was bad service , just what happend with my brother ,
I didn't say or imply you said it was bad service.