Headphones

A place to discuss airband listening, frequencies and anything related to this area of the hobby.
Terry774
Registered New User
Registered New User

Headphones

Post by Terry774 »

Hi All (newbie).
Bought a used Uniden 125xlt with a couple of antennas and a slim G! Live up on the north norfolk coast. The fella I bought from (lived near London), left all his frequencies in the radio, put up the Slim G, the first contact was Maastricht and the second was Amsterdam!!! Brilliant....Neighbours round here are a little bit 'off' so am looking for a really good antenna to go in my loft!! Also want to buy some good headphones, so as not to annoy the wife!! The slim G is , at the moment attached to the garden shed but its only up about 3ft, still good reception tho!! Appreciate your help/advice. TC
Werthers
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Re: Headphones

Post by Werthers »

Terry774 wrote: 24 Jul 2021, 13:04 Hi All (newbie).
Bought a used Uniden 125xlt with a couple of antennas and a slim G! Live up on the north norfolk coast. The fella I bought from (lived near London), left all his frequencies in the radio, put up the Slim G, the first contact was Maastricht and the second was Amsterdam!!! Brilliant....Neighbours round here are a little bit 'off' so am looking for a really good antenna to go in my loft!! Also want to buy some good headphones, so as not to annoy the wife!! The slim G is , at the moment attached to the garden shed but its only up about 3ft, still good reception tho!! Appreciate your help/advice. TC
Any antennas are better outside than in the loft. Seeing that you have a garden put your antennas in your garden up high.
Volksjaeger
Registered New User
Registered New User
Call Sign: M0ASW

Re: Headphones

Post by Volksjaeger »

Sirio GPA 108-136 is not too suspiciously looking and is reasonably well made. OUTSIDE if you can! Seal well especially when near the coast.

Mike