Anybody know anything about this mic?

The place to talk about specific amateur radio equipment and all types of accessories, fixes, repairs and modification.
Werthers
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Anybody know anything about this mic?

Post by Werthers »

I wasn't sure what category to post this in seeing that its a PMR mic but considering its a mic in need of repair I thought I'd more likely get replies in the amateur radio section which is used on ham bands anyway.

I love this vintage mic, it has a nice feel to it but it doesn't work on any radio that I've tried it with, there is no PTT but PTT switch is good so its got to be something on the board. I can't see any obvious faults, no breaks in the tracks and all components look good and no breaks in the cable.

Does anybody have a clue of what the problem could be?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Werthers
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Re: Anybody know anything about this mic?

Post by Werthers »

I think the best course of action would be to de-solder the two transistors and test them with the multi meter for any shorts. Transistors are normally the main culprits to go bad.
Werthers
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Re: Anybody know anything about this mic?

Post by Werthers »

I thought I'd come back to this mic as I didn't really bother with it the first time I opened it up.

I've pretty much tested everything now no bad transistors and switch is good. I don't expect there are any knowledgeable people left on this forum judging by the zero replies.

Unless this mic was to a very specific Motorola transceiver I don't know why it isn't working. I'm not going to chuck away a good looking quality mic like this I will just to disable the main board and rewire it directly to the PTT switch and mic component and have it working as a basic mic. All the original parts will be left inside.