UKRADIOSCANNING - What Gives?

General scanning discussion forum. Talk about anything to do with scanners, equipment, VHF/UHF reception and the art of catching those illusive signals!
MrWeetabix
Admin
Admin
Call Sign: 26TM175

Re: UKRADIOSCANNING - What Gives?

Post by MrWeetabix »

MrWeetabix wrote: 06 Apr 2021, 21:26 If anyone wants to transfer information from the Way Back machine and post it on our own scanning section I wouldn't object to that. It would retain the info for future use.

Subject to any copyright issues obviously
Bump.... just saying guys ;-)
26TM175. OP: Craig. QTH: Gateshead IO94EW. Also 163TM175 when mobile in Wales 8)

Transmission1 on Facebook http://tinyurl.com/TM1onFB | Tango Mike on Facebook http://tinyurl.com/TangoMikeFB |
Werthers
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by Werthers »

Metradio wrote: 26 Mar 2021, 21:52 Hope nobody ordered one of their Scanning Directorory's and is still waiting for delivery :(

Mike
Better hope its not 3 decades old.
bertonumber1
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: 108AT106

Post by bertonumber1 »

UK scanning aka kimmyJS19 and this cd rom is a con merchant took my money and all I've had is excuses for months. Ordered on 4th February 2021 and its May 3rd and still nothing. My own fault for being gullible really.

I joined here to enquire about this guy and wish I'd done my homework.

After a few weeks of nothing all he had to do was say he was struggling and refund. Instead he took the money and hoped I would've went away.

At first I believe he was doing good and sending people the cdrom and databases.

Everytime I message him I get told "yeah mate I'll phone you later, been busy" and then silence.

Pure con merchant of you ask me..

Anyone wanting the proof of the PayPal payments and messages email me at [email protected]

Dont waste your time with this bloke unless you want to take a loss I wouldn't want to see this happening to anyone else
Kind Regards

Rab
Metradio
Radio Addict
Radio Addict
Call Sign: G7HID

Post by Metradio »

Have you tried talking to PayPal ?

Mike
Connect Systems CS750 and CS800, Hytera PD-365, Motorola DP4600.
Raspberry Pi 2 and DV4Mini HotSpot.
AOR AR-DV1 Digital Voice Receiver / eSPY on ARD V1.

Whistler WS1088 / TRX-1 / Whistler Q / UBCD3600XLT / WTR Browser.
bertonumber1
Regular
Regular

Post by bertonumber1 »

Metradio wrote: 03 May 2021, 21:19 Have you tried talking to PayPal ?

Mike
Hi Mike, Thanks very much for the reply, no I've not yet as I was waiting to see if the bloke was going to come through with what he said ( a disc or a download)

Each time I messaged Kimmy about the order he would say he was on his way to the office that instant and would phone when he arrived to make sure I got what I needed. Then nothing at all until I messaged him again the next day it would be same process all over again.

Each time he promised he'd phone me regarding the disc/download and never did,.

This charade went on for 6-7weeks so he had plenty of time to redeem himself (but only dug a hole for himself through messages.... which he did).
Im wanting others to know what he's about really so no-one else gets duped by him

As I said it was only eight quid odd but the principle really if you add up how many people this is happening to.

***Update *** Another message from Tony (KimmyJS19) stating he hasnt been well lately and apologises for the couple of weeks delay (we are into the third month now)

The illness and tragedy card is now being played and
another promise to phone me when "he got to his office" came and went once more.

This guys adopted the role of a conman ain't no doubt about it. He maybe have got away on the sympathy vote if he'd placed a notice on his site (which is again open for business, or at least notified his customers who'd paid upfront of the delay instead of hoping noone chases him up while he pockets the cash.

Ah well life's a lesson but hopefully somebody else will learn from this before they spend money on this phoney merchant.

Cheers {bnghd}

Regards

Rob
Kind Regards

Rab
Metradio
Radio Addict
Radio Addict
Call Sign: G7HID

Post by Metradio »

Don't faf about just go through PayPal's non delivery procedure..

Mike
Connect Systems CS750 and CS800, Hytera PD-365, Motorola DP4600.
Raspberry Pi 2 and DV4Mini HotSpot.
AOR AR-DV1 Digital Voice Receiver / eSPY on ARD V1.

Whistler WS1088 / TRX-1 / Whistler Q / UBCD3600XLT / WTR Browser.
mattdcooley
Regular
Regular

Post by mattdcooley »

I never quite grasped this concept of buying/selling frequencies. Fair enough in the old days buying a UKSD book when not everyone had easy access to the Internet. Nowadays all licenced stuff is on Ofcom or free access via WTR browser. Bandplans are public, scanners are faster, SDR dongles are cheap. Heck it was hard enough getting people to contribute or even trade frequencies before digital took off it was all take take take. All you need is a forum to discuss and meet like minded people.

Nobody wants all the details on digital systems out in the open because it only takes one idiot with a Baofeng to push them onto RAS and privacy. Even if nobody mucks around the suppliers can sell upgrades based on evidence of people monitoring. You are being listened to check this URL or group live streaming you etc..
MrWeetabix
Admin
Admin
Call Sign: 26TM175

Post by MrWeetabix »

Again, if there's anything anyone thinks is worth preserving from there, feel free to repost here :thumbup:
26TM175. OP: Craig. QTH: Gateshead IO94EW. Also 163TM175 when mobile in Wales 8)

Transmission1 on Facebook http://tinyurl.com/TM1onFB | Tango Mike on Facebook http://tinyurl.com/TangoMikeFB |
Mikel
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by Mikel »

There were some good people on the site trying hard to offer useful and helpful information, but much of the content on there was either out of date or inaccurate in my experience.

There was very little on ukradioscanning.com that could not be found elsewhere and the most competent people on the site are already TM1 members.

Looking at it realistically, If all the details on the site were fully up to date then there would be no incentive to buy one of their discs.
................................................................................................2W0NBF.........................................................
scan125
Call Sign: 26TM8080

Post by scan125 »

I would echo "pursue through PayPal" and get a refund. Sounds like this guy Tony (KimmyJS19) has had more than enough time to deliver or refund. He should not be allowed to get away with it so PayPal on his back is what he deserves.

As for the directory then it is/was of poor quality. I bought out of interest some years (2015) ago and got a free update (2018) . Despite people raising comments/concerns about the free text format of the data making it difficult to load/import live a CSV or EXCEL format file nothing really happened and come 2018 the same issue. Now this could have been deliberate to try and stop people sharing files and thus possibly protect sales?
Nick - Author Of: Scan125 - Scan75 - DriveR8 - http://www.nick-bailey.co.uk
bertonumber1
Regular
Regular

Post by bertonumber1 »

mattdcooley wrote: 04 May 2021, 11:09 I never quite grasped this concept of buying/selling frequencies. Fair enough in the old days buying a UKSD book when not everyone had easy access to the Internet. Nowadays all licenced stuff is on Ofcom or free access via WTR browser. Bandplans are public, scanners are faster, SDR dongles are cheap. Heck it was hard enough getting people to contribute or even trade frequencies before digital took off it was all take take take. All you need is a forum to discuss and meet like minded people.

Nobody wants all the details on digital systems out in the open because it only takes one idiot with a Baofeng to push them onto RAS and privacy. Even if nobody mucks around the suppliers can sell upgrades based on evidence of people monitoring. You are being listened to check this URL or group live streaming you etc..
Yeah I only just found out about WTR yesterday through some other members advice. I had the paper version of scanning directory years ago. So I was expecting similar only in cd form. I wasn't expecting to be robbed tbh lol..

Anyway guys thanks for the replies. Stay safe
Kind Regards

Rab
mattdcooley
Regular
Regular

Post by mattdcooley »

MrWeetabix wrote: 04 May 2021, 17:18 Again, if there's anything anyone thinks is worth preserving from there, feel free to repost here :thumbup:
It's all on wayback machine anyway so 'preserved' as was. Wasn't much going on with that site to be honest. I posted a few freqs on here years ago and it got fed through there "from another member on another site" LOL. Dead as a dodo imho
mattdcooley
Regular
Regular

Post by mattdcooley »

bertonumber1 wrote: 05 May 2021, 10:59
mattdcooley wrote: 04 May 2021, 11:09 I never quite grasped this concept of buying/selling frequencies. Fair enough in the old days buying a UKSD book when not everyone had easy access to the Internet. Nowadays all licenced stuff is on Ofcom or free access via WTR browser. Bandplans are public, scanners are faster, SDR dongles are cheap. Heck it was hard enough getting people to contribute or even trade frequencies before digital took off it was all take take take. All you need is a forum to discuss and meet like minded people.

Yeah I only just found out about WTR yesterday through some other members advice. I had the paper version of scanning directory years ago. So I was expecting similar only in cd form. I wasn't expecting to be robbed tbh lol..

Anyway guys thanks for the replies. Stay safe
Yeah just search up WTR browser. You will get licenced stations on there. No need to buy a CD. I did have a do with the guy that ran WTR browser a few years back because he was selling licences via his software to public information and I got blocked by him. Just glad he's seen sense and made public info public rather than trying to sell it still. Everything is out there on a bloody CSV file in the public domain so trying to sell it is just dumb. Any real radio enthusiast can goto any area and whittle down most active freqs with about an hour of their time. That's always been the case though just some post and contribute and others ask and take.

With digital though encryption and upgrades are so easy to sell, just a sniff of you are being monitored is enough to tip some companies over the edge. Especially when they are sold "digital is pretty secure it's modern" but radio supplier says you've been found and for a small fee you can have encryption!
scan125
Call Sign: 26TM8080

Post by scan125 »

As an aside departure .......

When it comes to scanning then we are generally in the VHF+ UHF domains. This means LOCAL. So why purchase 1000s, 10,000s frequencies for the likes of Pam's Taxis in Manchester when you live on the South Coast.

In todays climate we can break this down more succinctly.

1) Most stuff is/has gone digital and encrypted
2) Stuff free to air/hear is mainly "local" small enterprises, PMR, CB, etc.
3) In the 2) above of more general interest will be Air Band, Marine and CB
4) In 3) all the frequencies air published and free

Personally I would not now advocate purchase/subscription to "frequency lists/services"

Now that said I have an interesting and puzzling view on US States Side.

The US guys have far more liberal / permitted listening laws when police, fire, ..... do not seem to be illegal.

The site Radio Reference (radioreference.com) have a large community and host an online database for subscribed members. It would appear to be well supported and viable but I suspect the viability is based on their (US) more relaxed laws and the large national consumer base.

Why am I posting this slightly more detailed info .... ?

Well as some will know I'm the author of Scan125, Scan75 and DriveR8 and other stuff.

I'm also a Radio Reference member and have been asked to support the Radio Reference database import function in my programs. My early attempts failed due to incompatibilities but the development efforts also primed me to think about "value". Value of my time and effort but value to end users. We then have to subdivide end users. UK, US, EU, ......

So taking all things into account I surmised that frequency subscription, purchase, etc. on base value is not really worth it.

THAT SAID I do believe that the professional businesses (as opposed to the likes of JImmyxyz) do have some value.

With that in mind then WRTH have my approval but they are not scanning merchants but world wide public "broadcast" documenters which is a totally different game.
Nick - Author Of: Scan125 - Scan75 - DriveR8 - http://www.nick-bailey.co.uk
bigpimp347
Legend
Legend

Post by bigpimp347 »

like most things, websites don't get used, showing the decline in the radio hobby in general..
even Open-Channel has gone..
I want to Die Asleep like my Grandad did,
Unlike his Passengers, Screaming and Shouting.!