What CB/11m Radio Stuff did you buy today? 2024

The place to talk about specific radios, equipment and accessories. Do you prefer the latest generation of rigs and antennas or do you like the classics? Discuss it here!
Cousinjack

Re: What CB/11m Radio Stuff did you buy today? (2021)

Post by Cousinjack »

The Collector wrote: 29 Apr 2021, 19:35 I like the little 2001's, they turn on, squelch out the crap and change channel. Job done ;)

Must get the RX on mine sorted one day (or rather Nick will).
I still can’t quite believe you have a midland that doesn’t work ..... as far as I’m concerned it just doesn’t happen 🤔

🤣
The Collector
Legend
Legend

Post by The Collector »

It did...until I had it working at a car boot sale to help sell my old Antron and an unwanted radio and the background/white noise slowly died down until it went deaf. It can hear another radio literally right next to it, but that's about it. It's probably just a capacitor or something simple somewhere. It's in very good condition and too good not to fix.
JibberJabber
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by JibberJabber »

astradyne wrote: 04 Apr 2021, 21:57
cb4ever104 wrote: 04 Apr 2021, 17:01 Philippine made 360FM . Needs a good clean , but should hopefully be OK .

SS360FM.JPG

S.
Very good radio's the Philippines 360FM. I have one here and there's absolutely no difference whatsoever between it and the Taiwan built version. Off the top of my head the serial number on the Philippines radio begins 05.

Hope yours polishes up OK.

How does the President Richard Philippines model compare and where does that fit in the timeline ...?

J
astradyne

Post by astradyne »

JibberJabber wrote: 30 Apr 2021, 16:23
cb4ever104 wrote: 04 Apr 2021, 17:01 Philippine made 360FM . Needs a good clean , but should hopefully be OK .

SS360FM.JPG

S.
Very good radio's the Philippines 360FM. I have one here and there's absolutely no difference whatsoever between it and the Taiwan built version. Off the top of my head the serial number on the Philippines radio begins 05.

How does the President Richard Philippines model compare and where does that fit in the timeline ...?

J
The very last 360FM's were rebadged as the President Richard. This was done in a particularly cheap manner by the addition of a sticker saying "Richard" over the original Superstar 360FM lettering below the channel change control. These had the PB-010/AB PCB, chrome bezel and controls with a silver inlay.

The first genuine President Richard's had black bezel's, black controls and a black fascia with the "President Richard" lettering printed on. These had Low/Mid/Hi printed above the band selector. A later model simply had A/B/C to denote the bands. The PCB is PB-010/AC.

The new Richard? Waste of space. No SSB! What were they thinking?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Never, ever, ever....bloody anything ever!

Far too many radio's to list here. But I do own a legal one...
JibberJabber
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by JibberJabber »

Oh ok. Thanks for the info... I have a black fronted Richard.. Philippines model just like the one in your pic 3rd one down... all standard... I Quite like it to be honest.
astradyne

Post by astradyne »

JibberJabber wrote: 30 Apr 2021, 22:01 Oh ok. Thanks for the info... I have a black fronted Richard.. Philippines model just like the one in your pic 3rd one down... all standard... I Quite like it to be honest.
Good radio's. I don't think they were made for very long though hence their scarcity.
Never, ever, ever....bloody anything ever!

Far too many radio's to list here. But I do own a legal one...
cb4ever104
Legend
Legend

Post by cb4ever104 »

I've got 2 of the black 010 ones . I wouldn't part with them .
30TM060
Paul aka "Sammy". (108) PY60 Old Paisley DX Group (RIP Rab Markie)
Ex GM0 , now EA5 .
Handle "Fortune Hunter" back in "the day"
Radios ....? Anything that says "TAIWAN R.O.C" on the back.
JibberJabber
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by JibberJabber »

So does that mean... Radios...?.. Anything that says “Taiwan R.O.C.” And “Philippines “...?

;-)
JibberJabber
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by JibberJabber »

JibberJabber wrote: 01 May 2021, 17:34 So does that mean... Radios...?.. Anything that says “Taiwan R.O.C.” And “Philippines “...? On the back.

;-)
cb4ever104
Legend
Legend

Post by cb4ever104 »

JibberJabber wrote: 01 May 2021, 17:34 So does that mean... Radios...?.. Anything that says “Taiwan R.O.C.” And “Philippines “...?

;-)
Yeah . I need to update that . It should just say " Radios...?.. Anything that doesn't say Malaysia or CHINA" :)
30TM060
Paul aka "Sammy". (108) PY60 Old Paisley DX Group (RIP Rab Markie)
Ex GM0 , now EA5 .
Handle "Fortune Hunter" back in "the day"
Radios ....? Anything that says "TAIWAN R.O.C" on the back.
JibberJabber
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by JibberJabber »

:lol: ;)
The Collector
Legend
Legend

Post by The Collector »

Hadn't bought anything for ages and then I accidently bought a radio today.

My phone froze/glitched/jumped as I was going to look at a 200ch Hygain V, but somehow jumped to the next auction where my finger was touching right on the buy-it-now button on a Ham Int. Multimode 3! Oh well I thought, always wanted one of those lol, so paid the £220 for it like a good boy. However, as I pressed the back button thing, the price had increased to £264 and the postage was now £1-odd higher too. Weird. The seller may have been changing the price as I "bought" it hence the juddering/glitch??? I thought I'd gone even more mad than I am, so screen-shot the higher price incase I got charged more, but Paypal only sent £225 total. Very strange. Technology and me don't get on ;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
13EL121
Radio Addict
Radio Addict
Call Sign: 13DA121

Post by 13EL121 »

astradyne wrote: 30 Apr 2021, 19:09
JibberJabber wrote: 30 Apr 2021, 16:23

J
The very last 360FM's were rebadged as the President Richard. This was done in a particularly cheap manner by the addition of a sticker saying "Richard" over the original Superstar 360FM lettering below the channel change control. These had the PB-010/AB PCB, chrome bezel and controls with a silver inlay.

The first genuine President Richard's had black bezel's, black controls and a black fascia with the "President Richard" lettering printed on. These had Low/Mid/Hi printed above the band selector. A later model simply had A/B/C to denote the bands. The PCB is PB-010/AC.

The new Richard? Waste of space. No SSB! What were they thinking?
The upper one is a Uniden made, the buttom one is a Ranger RCI made. Maybe a SS3600 with black front?
mrpsychopath
Call Sign: 108tm1313

Post by mrpsychopath »

Bought a couple of boxed emperor shoguns, only went for 1 couldnt refuse when seller said he had another 😃
Kill em all and let god sort them out.
The Collector
Legend
Legend

Post by The Collector »

Well my MM3 arrived today. I'm shocked it hasn't been smashed to pieces in transit as there was very little protection apart from a few strips of large bubble stuff, but as there was a good 3 inch high void, they'd all moved around meaning the bare radio edges had nearly punctured their way through the cardboard box. I haven't tested it yet, so fingers crossed it still works. For the sake of 5 minutes and another pound's worth of proper bubble-wrap... :crazy:

Another little moan, I know a power lead is only a few quid, but why not mention the radio won't be coming with one, so that you can buy one online and get it on the way? {bnghd}

Forget the book "The Joy of Sex", someone ought to bring one out called "The Joys of ebay" ;)

Edit - found a rounded 2-pin power lead (most of mine seem to be square-cornered) and tested it and luckily all seems good to my untrained eye. It has the bonus of having the uk40 on a 6th position on the band switch too. Bonus.