Baofeng F8 III

Licence free two-way radio services that now includes both FM and digital channels. Discuss models, modifications and other similar worldwide standards such as FRS and GMRS.
QRZ-934

Re: Baofeng F8 III

Post by QRZ-934 »

Headed out this afternoon and took the little baofeng with me.
Had a brief listen around and heard only sporadic stuff then came across a very clear and loud signal on 446.068.
I put a call out and was talking to a Tango Charlie member in Worcester where I was around Bridgnorth area.
He was very surprised to hear a contact at that distance (25.18miles) and reported I was radio 5 to him.
He was at times probably at what would be +30db and always radio 5.
His other contact could hear the roger beep but no voice unfortunately but he was behind a hill, I could however hear him without too much hassle.
Continues to impress me does this radio, I managed a contact into bloxwich from inside the house on the same antenna, so I was around 10 miles away, not too shabby for a little whip.
MrWeetabix
Admin
Admin
Call Sign: 26TM175

Post by MrWeetabix »

Sounds like a good day out matie :-)

Give us the heads-up BEFORE you go next time, we can listen out for you
26TM175. OP: Craig. QTH: Gateshead IO94EW. Also 163TM175 when mobile in Wales 8)

Transmission1 on Facebook http://tinyurl.com/TM1onFB | Tango Mike on Facebook http://tinyurl.com/TangoMikeFB |
QRZ-934

Post by QRZ-934 »

Definitely will do.
Ive got an idea in my mind for a trip out this summer to a nice electrically quiet and remote area where I can set up a station with a few different antennas including a beam on 446, 934, 27, 69 and maybe 43mhz.
Since id be out in the middle of nowhere and high up I should be able to make a day or maybe two of it If I decide to camp out there and if the weathers suitable.
Might provide some nice opportunities for a bit of good dx.