ChipSwitch code

A forum for the discussion of matters of a technical nature. All such activities are undertaken at the readers discretion and own risk. If you don't know what you are doing, don't blame us if it all goes wrong!
tilburg
Registered New User
Registered New User
Call Sign: 19rf216

ChipSwitch code

Post by tilburg »

Has anyone the 15 mtr ChipSwitch code?
dt307
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: 163dt307

Re: ChipSwitch code

Post by dt307 »

Rogerbird might know the password

prob wont do you much good iirc and we talking 20 years ago below 24.7? the display would still go lower but was rx and tx over 25mhz

and the designers couldnt get rid of bad spurs so they locked it out the cpu and they were way smarter than me so i never bothered
163dt307-chris

“I fear the day that technology will surpass our human interaction. The world will have a generation of idiots.”
― Albert Einstein
Rogerbird1
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: 769

Post by Rogerbird1 »

Sorry, I do not have the code. It was a 'calculated ' code based on the Chipswitch serial number.
The makers of the Chipswitch technology had a program that would compute the password.
Last time I checked with Bill, he does not have it. Unfortunately the program has been erased and is no longer available.

Rogerbird
Otter
Veteran
Veteran
Call Sign: 26TM439

Post by Otter »

Add to that - the Lincoln starts going really deaf below 26MHz, so by the time to got to 21MHz it would be a bit pointless.
"To this day the words Stirling bridge conjour pride in every Scotsman's heart, while to an Englishman those same words conjour literally no feelings at all." - Cunk on Britain S1 E1
Rogerbird1
Regular
Regular

Post by Rogerbird1 »

I found if you repeak the RX it does have a lot more range, at the factory they didnt tune below 26.

Roger
Otter
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Otter »

I have tried that with a Spectrum analyser / tracking generator / high impedance probe, and couldn't get anything with a remotely flat response if I tried to tune lower - even just for 25MHz. In fact, when I thought I had a better response for 25MHz I found the front end transistor had gone into oscillation.
"To this day the words Stirling bridge conjour pride in every Scotsman's heart, while to an Englishman those same words conjour literally no feelings at all." - Cunk on Britain S1 E1
warhorse

Post by warhorse »

Anything below 28.000 megs in rx still has that 50? nano watt spur(spurious emission), i thought that was the reason why the chip switch was discontinued , even their engineers couldnt solve the 50? nan spur,
Otter
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Otter »

warhorse wrote: 23 Apr 2021, 03:34 Anything below 28.000 megs in rx still has that 50? nano watt spur(spurious emission), i thought that was the reason why the chip switch was discontinued , even their engineers couldnt solve the 50? nan spur,
What 50nW spur? In Rx mode ? If it was in Rx it wouldn't be a show stopper.
warhorse

Post by warhorse »

not a show stopper under 28.000 on ham band for 88-9 the dogs bollox seriously get old anlogue tv flick down to 2799 there you go a spur!!! lol
Rogerbird1
Regular
Regular

Post by Rogerbird1 »

I thought the Spur was in 15m TX, which was why it was pass-coded by the Chipswitch programming.
The Chipswitch was never 'Discontinued' the Microprocessor blank supply dried up.
Rogerbird1
Regular
Regular

Post by Rogerbird1 »

Rogerbird1 wrote: 14 Aug 2021, 11:05
The Chipswitch was never 'Discontinued' the Microprocessor blank supply dried up.

until now....
ve7xpo
New User
New User
Call Sign: ve7xpo

Post by ve7xpo »

Rogerbird1 wrote: 27 Aug 2021, 17:23
Rogerbird1 wrote: 14 Aug 2021, 11:05

until now....
Do you have the original programming code for the chips?

Would be super easy to use an arduino in place of the obsolete chips. Would just need the original code.

I'm going to attempt an arduino mod in the near future, it's just another thing in my giant pile of projects to get to.
Otter
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Otter »

ve7xpo wrote: 31 Jan 2022, 17:07 Do you have the original programming code for the chips?
Would be super easy to use an arduino in place of the obsolete chips. Would just need the original code.
I'm going to attempt an arduino mod in the near future, it's just another thing in my giant pile of projects to get to.
I think you'd need the source code rather than the programming file. The original device is a Hitachi 4-bit microcontroller which is programmed on an EPROM programmer.
Rogerbird1
Regular
Regular

Post by Rogerbird1 »

And if you didnt know, I have NEW Authentic Chipswitches now. Original program in New Chips. Recently programmed.