Monitoring on 934.

This is the place to discuss any general CB radio related topics. Getting started, installations, operation etc.
The Collector
Legend
Legend

Re: Monitoring on 934.

Post by The Collector »

@ QRZ-934 -

I'm shortly going to be selling my 4x nice condition 934mhz radios (blue-coloured Uniace 400, Cybernet Delta 1, Reftek and Commtel NPR) plus a little red-based 934mhz mobile aerial (minus the mounting base). Seeing as you probably have your eye on the prices of this kind of stuff, what do you think I ought to try and ask for them...or should I take a risk and just start them off at 99p like I do on most of my radio stuff?

Cheers,
Dave.
QRZ-934

Post by QRZ-934 »

Hi Dave, I reckon theyll all go for good money as Ive seen several go quite high on ebay, theres also a facebook page for 934 mhz users here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/446501162170649/

Theyd definitely be interested!
Wish I could find a decent mobile antenna, I have two co linears and a beam but nothing I really just slap on the car,
The Collector
Legend
Legend

Post by The Collector »

Thanks for that info. I don't do Facebook but bet it's quite a popular little site.

I've decided to sell these bits on as I'll never use them anyway and the cash will come in handy. Been spending a few quid designing and building this coming year's Christmas displays for our house lol ;) Ours "won" the best lights in town last year in an unofficial competition they do. I got bored during lockdowns and went a bit crazy with wood and paint. I've just tonight finished a 6ft, 1000 LED-adorned snowflake that's going up on the roof of the house!

Well I'll stick them on at 99p starting price each then and take the risk. Just need to wait for an ebay £1 max fees listing weekend now, but they seem to be pushing the 50% off fees at the moment...no thank you ebay.

The little aerial I have is about 30 inches long with a 5" approx red-coloured base coil and 2 little coils 1/3and 2/3 of the way up the whip. It has an SO-type mount, but I'd assume the mount would also need 934mhz compatible co-ax on it? It'll also go on at 99p to start, so keep a look out in the next few weeks.
QRZ-934

Post by QRZ-934 »

Ok Dave no problem, hope they sell well for you! :)
QRZ-934

Post by QRZ-934 »

Well since I took down the Gainmaster due to localized interference from SMP etc Id not had a radio on since then.

Decided to power up the Delta 1 and was most pleased to find Channels 20, 39 and 40 absolutely clear of phone hash!
Previously they were absolutely jammed at full scale signal.
Now theyre just lovely static.
Channel 19 has 1 bar of noise in my location and 38 also but no readable noise just static.
All others have signals ranging from 3 to full scale but not so much real hash noise as was hearing previously.
Antennas still swr'ed in at 1.4:1....

Might be time to start trying for a contact again.... :)
QRZ-934

Post by QRZ-934 »

Me and my big mouth.......

Just had the whole band go full on mental with wall to wall hash and full scale signals.... Balls.
26TM5890
Call Sign: 26TM5890

Post by 26TM5890 »

QRZ-934 wrote: 03 Sep 2021, 10:31 Me and my big mouth.......

Just had the whole band go full on mental with wall to wall hash and full scale signals.... Balls.
After you connected an antenna? :lol:
Elecraft K2
President Grant II Premium
QRZ-934

Post by QRZ-934 »

26TM5890 wrote: 03 Sep 2021, 11:14
QRZ-934 wrote: 03 Sep 2021, 10:31 Me and my big mouth.......

After you connected an antenna? :lol:
Everyones a comedian. :D

Actually seems the local cell service was down, hence the quiet channels.
I heard the thing go back on as a digital data burst was heard first then the usual noise racket.

Wonder if I can modify the radios to go a few mhz outside the cellphone influence?
henry
Call Sign: 19DX348

Post by henry »

Clear of phones ? owh...that gets one excited :-) ....
QRZ-934

Post by QRZ-934 »

Bit of a thread revival....

Still monitoring this band from time to time, not as avidly as I was and havent been able to do my trip out as expected.
Due to new work commitments its put my hobby on the back burner for the last year and a half, but hopefully I can get something sorted for the late summer.
At some point Im going to make some measurements of the 19 element loop yagi I have and post them up to aid in construction for others, although Ive found some other documents from the late Fred Judd G2BCX for a corner reflector antenna that looks easy to make.
SkyShield
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: TM159

Post by SkyShield »

There seems to be a mini renaissance with 934 I don’t think it’s ever been a popular band up in the north east and was withdrawn before I could try it out but some have decided to use it again . I doubt it’ll ever be re released back to CB use , who knows eh ??.🤷🏻‍♂️
:D :crazy:
QRZ-934

Post by QRZ-934 »

Yeah I hope more people do start to use it, especially where its clear.

A year or so back I did make a couple of contacts back to home qth on it so I know it still all works as it should, the loop yagi was very directional and could easily "shoot" through the overlapping cells to pickup quiet airspace.
Im wondering if thats not the key as it also makes it very much harder to df....

Youre right itll never be released back as it was stolen, so those of us with pirate tendencies will have to liberate the spaces that are still free.
SkyShield
Regular
Regular

Post by SkyShield »

QRZ-934 wrote: 09 Apr 2023, 19:06 Yeah I hope more people do start to use it, especially where its clear.

A year or so back I did make a couple of contacts back to home qth on it so I know it still all works as it should, the loop yagi was very directional and could easily "shoot" through the overlapping cells to pickup quiet airspace.
Im wondering if thats not the key as it also makes it very much harder to df....

Youre right itll never be released back as it was stolen, so those of us with pirate tendencies will have to liberate the spaces that are still free.
I admire your pirate tendencies my friend 🏴‍☠️🏴‍☠️🏴‍☠️🏴‍☠️
QRZ-934

Post by QRZ-934 »

SkyShield wrote: 10 Apr 2023, 21:46

I admire your pirate tendencies my friend 🏴‍☠️🏴‍☠️🏴‍☠️🏴‍☠️
Stems from an inbuilt sense of resentment towards authority and their constant diktats regarding what people are allowed to do say and think cos they "say so".

I used to be in contact with a pirate in the Netherlands a while back who ran a pirate radio station, sounded fun, nearly as much as fun as the ones who scaled a celltower, installed their own antenna and used it to broadcast from.....now theres a plan. :think:
SkyShield
Regular
Regular

Post by SkyShield »

There seems to be a renaissance in prate stations too . Radio Cupid from the Netherlands was one I heard but they’ve not been active recently.
As for the rest if I could like your post I would 👍🏻