Retevis RT90 Mobile Transceiver

Use this section to discuss Digital Amateur Radio operations, such as D-Star and other digitally-encoded traffic
Werthers
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Retevis RT90 Mobile Transceiver

Post by Werthers »

I've been thinking about buying a new DMR Radio for home use and I've been looking at the Retevis RT90 Mobile Transceiver which seems to have everything I need, its dual band so will do VHF as well as UHF Digital and Analog so it will replace my current setup as its all in one.

The only thing I don't like about it is the mic but I suppose I could use a different mic.

What are peoples thoughts on the Retevis RT90 Mobile Transceiver?

Whats the build quality like?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DistantSignal

Re: Retevis RT90 Mobile Transceiver

Post by DistantSignal »

I use one daily in the car, it has a metal body and is quite well built Never had an issue with mine.
2E0UCW
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: 2E0UCW

Post by 2E0UCW »

Some of the earlier models had a few issues but a few firmware and hardware tweaks solved that.

The Anytone AT-D578UV Pro is due out late October - I've delayed putting a DMR mobile in the car until the Anytone is released.

Personally, I've not seen TYT / Retevis keep up with Anytone in terms of functionality and memory capacity.
Motorola DM4600 ; Anytone 578 ; Anytone 868 ; Anytone 878 Plus
Whistler TRX-1 ; DV Mega ; Duplex Hotspot ; Zumspot USB
www.dmrguide.uk ; www.dmr-uk.net
Werthers
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by Werthers »

DistantSignal wrote: 29 Sep 2019, 17:02 I use one daily in the car, it has a metal body and is quite well built Never had an issue with mine.
I think I might just add it to my list of radios to get. It looks quite tidy and has everything I need on it for home use as my main VHF/UHF setup.

I'm also thinking about buying a MD785 to go with My PD785. I quite like the look of the MD785 although it only does UHF, there are also VHF models too.

There is also an Anytone DMR handheld that has caught my attention that I'm interested in for its scanning capabilities, it can scan color codes, slots and talk groups etc so a handy thing to have. I forgot the name of it now but you could probably guess which radio I'm talking about.
Werthers
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by Werthers »

I think I'll hold off getting a DMR home base radio for now, I'll wait until some better stuff comes onto the market.

Here's a nice looking radio now if only they could make a DMR radio that looks like this:

The phone mic looks good with it but I'd prefer to use a fist mic, with a built in speaker inside the radio for audio.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.