Some say this is madness

The place to talk about specific radios, equipment and accessories. Do you prefer the latest generation of rigs and antennas or do you like the classics? Discuss it here!
jkb

Re: Some say this is madness

Post by jkb »

Il have the box please!!!. Nick converted and serviced it for me. I will post a snap some time.im getting my radio room back after 11 years so will be having a revamp !

cb4ever104
Legend
Legend

Post by cb4ever104 »

andrew013 wrote:
19 Sep 2019, 20:25
allways fancied a htx 100 , but all i have is a magazine pic of one lol
Bought one new when I was working for Radio Shack in Canada in 89 . Think I got 30% staff discount off at the time . Saying that someone stoke it from my storage locker before I came back to the UK :(
30TM060
Paul aka "Sammy". (108) PY60 Old Paisley DX Group (RIP Rab Markie)
Ex GM0 , now EA5 .
Handle "Fortune Hunter" back in "the day"
Radios ....? Anything that says "TAIWAN R.O.C" on the back.

Dave C
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: 27PL259

Post by Dave C »

This thread got me thinking about all of my past rigs, also it got me searching on t'interweb for pictures an specs of them all, the one that I couldn't think of was a President AM 40 rig, I searched and searched and not knowing it's name I found it quite difficult to pin down, in the end the detective work paid off..... It was an AR7, I loved that little rig until it got stolen from my car within minutes of walking in the house! I then had a Midland 3001 straight 40 AM, I pop riveted the upper case to the underside of my Beetle dashboard and had a DV based Firestick on the boot (Trunk) just above the number plate light..

Might get an AR7 just for the memories...

I'm getting the bug too guys!!!!! Don't tell my Mrs!!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Life is like a box of chocolates.... Usually empty when I get there.... :crazy:

Rigs: Major M588 AM FM SSB (Std), President Grant II Premium (Std), Midland Alan 78 Plus (Std), Lowe TX 40 (Std).

Twigs: Antron 99 (Std), K40 Mag, Firestick 4', Cherokee Dial A Match 4', Sirio 5000 PL Mag.

The Collector
Legend
Legend

Post by The Collector »

There was an ebay seller last year that had about 7 brand new, old stock AR7's. Haven't seen them up for a while so he probably sold them all. I think someone on here bought one.
There's a nice, tidy one on ebay that I saw either last night or the night before.