My air band setup

A place to discuss airband listening, frequencies and anything related to this area of the hobby.
Werthers
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

My air band setup

Post by Werthers »

So heres my air band set up. I picked up an Alinco VHF FM transceiver DR-135 for under a tenner can't argue with that :D from a boot fair and receives air band AM so thats my Air Band listening radio great audio as well may I add and I have a home made dipole for it tuned for air band.
Mikel
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Re: My air band setup

Post by Mikel »

Werthers wrote: 05 Sep 2019, 18:35 So heres my air band set up. I picked up an Alinco VHF FM transceiver DR-135 for under a tenner can't argue with that :D from a boot fair and receives air band AM so thats my Air Band listening radio great audio as well may I add and I have a home made dipole for it tuned for air band.
That was a bargain! These are nice little radios (DR-135T), I assume the seller thought it was a CB? They cover the marine band as well I believe and other pmr stuff up to around 174 mhz and obviously 2m hams stuff.

I would be back to that boot sale next week, just in case they have some more bargains like this!
................................................................................................2W0NBF.........................................................
Werthers
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Re: My air band setup

Post by Werthers »

Mikel wrote: 06 Sep 2019, 05:56
Werthers wrote: 05 Sep 2019, 18:35 So heres my air band set up. I picked up an Alinco VHF FM transceiver DR-135 for under a tenner can't argue with that :D from a boot fair and receives air band AM so thats my Air Band listening radio great audio as well may I add and I have a home made dipole for it tuned for air band.
That was a bargain! These are nice little radios (DR-135T), I assume the seller thought it was a CB? They cover the marine band as well I believe and other pmr stuff up to around 174 mhz and obviously 2m hams stuff.

I would be back to that boot sale next week, just in case they have some more bargains like this!
Probably... I'm always checking out his stall every Sunday he mainly sells odd bits and pieces mostly just rubbish tho. Boot sales and weekend markets are always worth checking out, you never know what your going to find. I've had quite a bit of luck lately with getting radio gear for peanuts.

Edit: I just found out that Chirp supports the Alinco DR-135T I have no intention of programing this radio as its fine the way it is but its nice to know that chirp supports the radio if ever I want to program it in the future :D

I wish Chirp would support more radios tho.