What Ham Radio Stuff did you buy today?

A place to discuss all aspects of amateur radio operation.
Auldgeek
Veteran
Veteran
Call Sign: GM0BRJ

Re: What Ham Radio Stuff did you buy today?

Post by Auldgeek »

Linear Amp UK Gemini DX1200 1.2Kw All solid state Amplifier. Replaces the Acom that had a jet turbine as a fan. This one is silent :D

Auldgeek - Drew

Winner of IBTL Autumn 23 Edition
I've changed radios so many times, I've forgotten what I have :think:
NightProwler
Veteran
Veteran
Call Sign: 163TM186

Post by NightProwler »

I got made redundant from my old job and since I had been there for years I had a nice redundacy pay and as I already had a new job the next day I treated myself to a mint condition boxed Kenwood TS440S as I have always fancied one and a Kenwood SP430 speaker and a Kenwood MC60 desk mic, I already have the PS430 power supply, Looks lovely. Oh and a new laptop so I can use TM1 properly rather than my damn phone :D
Shorter of breath and one day closer to death
Auldgeek
Veteran
Veteran
Call Sign: GM0BRJ

Post by Auldgeek »

NightProwler wrote: 19 Jul 2022, 20:06 I got made redundant from my old job and since I had been there for years I had a nice redundacy pay and as I already had a new job the next day I treated myself to a mint condition boxed Kenwood TS440S as I have always fancied one and a Kenwood SP430 speaker and a Kenwood MC60 desk mic, I already have the PS430 power supply, Looks lovely. Oh and a new laptop so I can use TM1 properly rather than my damn phone :D
Nice radio. Had one when they were first released and nursed a dead Lamco junksale offering back to life a few years ago Nice sounding audio (as Kenwood's mostly are) and the receiver ain't too bad. Filters make a big difference, so if you can get a hold of them, the narrow cw & ssb filters are invaluable. There's even a mod to cascade them.

Enjoy :thumbup:
Auldgeek - Drew

Winner of IBTL Autumn 23 Edition
I've changed radios so many times, I've forgotten what I have :think:
NightProwler
Veteran
Veteran
Call Sign: 163TM186

Post by NightProwler »

Yeah I am really pleased wth it and this one is a keeper. I have noticed that the NB filter kills all noise here, Better than my FT757GX2 and anything else I have used.
Shorter of breath and one day closer to death
Ant
Call Sign: 26TM718

Post by Ant »

Was going to buy an FTDX10, the price has gone up by £300. I didn't buy an FTDX10, they can shove it.
Shack, noun, a small building, usually made of wood or metal, that has not been built well - Oxford Dictionary
A shack (or, less often, shanty) is a type of small, often primitive shelter or dwelling - Wikipedia

Licence - British spelling
License - American spelling
Martinedwards
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by Martinedwards »

Didn't buy anything, but I sent my FT747 off for a repair (frequency drifting)

this will be the EQUIVALENT of buying something as it will give me another workable rig.

right? :)
Ant
Call Sign: 26TM718

Post by Ant »

No, that's the same radio! :)
Shack, noun, a small building, usually made of wood or metal, that has not been built well - Oxford Dictionary
A shack (or, less often, shanty) is a type of small, often primitive shelter or dwelling - Wikipedia

Licence - British spelling
License - American spelling
Buick Mackane

Post by Buick Mackane »

BHI NES10-2 Noise Eliminating Speaker, Had the stand alone unit years ago and regretted selling it. I'll be keeping this
I Am the great cornholio are you threatening me ?
CookieRaider
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: M0RMO

Post by CookieRaider »

Ok so not exactly today but the most recent, Diamond V-2000

Untitled.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Winner of the coveted 'In Before The Lock' competition 07 Jan 2013
Winner of the coveted 'In Before The Lock' competition 24 June 2013
inaugural champion of the coveted "Putting sex before trivial internet games" award November 2013
Farty
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Farty »

A Talkpod A36 plus handie. Very good spec, looks nice and not toylike as Bumfengs often are. Be interesting to see how it performs,
In Before The Lock Champion of Total Magnificenceness May 2016
Farty
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Farty »

Farty wrote: 18 May 2023, 17:54 A Talkpod A36 plus handie. Very good spec, looks nice and not toylike as Bumfengs often are. Be interesting to see how it performs,
Received it today. Very impressed, a real bumfend beater.

https://rugbyradiosuk.com/
In Before The Lock Champion of Total Magnificenceness May 2016
MrWeetabix
Admin
Admin
Call Sign: 26TM175

Post by MrWeetabix »

COBWEB7 - 7 band antenna by AWK-antennas for 4, 6, 10, 12, 15, 17 and 20 meters.

Bought this antenna probably 18 months ago now and only just got round to putting it together. Spent some time tuning a few of the bands down to the data section of the bands I wanted, but looking forward to getting it on the side of the house and seeing the difference it makes over either the end-fed or the Imax which I work between for 20m-12m

7BCW_2.jpg

With the additional elements for 6m and 4m this is the perfect antenna for use with my Icom 7300.

The only thing I am concerned about is that because the 6 and 4 elements are not fully 'square' as it were that they will be slightly directional vs the other bands, so I am going to have to have a think about how I orientate it on the pole. May be a case of trial and error.

The website for the antenna is here

https://www.awk-antennas.com/?pgid=k4sd ... 00caa0d923

There's a chap who did an unboxing and build on youtube here

Have any of you got a similarly-banded cobweb? be good to hear your thoughts.... but not too bad though, already spent the money now! haha
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
26TM175. OP: Craig. QTH: Gateshead IO94EW. Also 163TM175 when mobile in Wales 8)

Transmission1 on Facebook http://tinyurl.com/TM1onFB | Tango Mike on Facebook http://tinyurl.com/TangoMikeFB |
Spooky
Regular
Regular

Post by Spooky »

Got my foundation course book - kindly given to me.
The ARRL 100th book/s arrived today.
Gotta start somewhere.
Strawberry
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: B1N

Post by Strawberry »

Yesterday I bought two Quansheng UV-K5 handhelds after seeing this video, one for me, one for my son.

When i went to the aliexpress link to buy a couple of mod boards they were out of stock, luckily I checked back 30 minutes later and there were three back in stock, so I bought two, five minutes later out of stock again so they are selling like hot cakes.

It looks like a great modification, a it cost me in all just over £52 for two radios and two mod kits delivered.
I wonder if anyone here is giving it a go?
Neil