Anytone AT-6666 (& clones) Software Q&As

The place to talk about specific radios, equipment and accessories. Do you prefer the latest generation of rigs and antennas or do you like the classics? Discuss it here!
ghost123uk
Radio Addict
Radio Addict
Call Sign: 26TM953

Anytone AT-6666 (& clones) Software Q&As

Post by ghost123uk »

I'm just going to start this with a quick intro, reason being, I have just been "learning" and programming my new AT-6666 with it's cable and software and I have been "flat out" with it for about 4 hours (reasons outlined further down this post) and I now feel I have earned a pint of beer or 2 :thumbup:

I was VERY pleased to find that the software runs on Linux (under "Wine") just fine 8) 8) 8)

However, after doing a factory re-set, I proceeded to start by programming "Band D" with the UK40. It seems you not only have to enter every frequency in manually, but you also have to set about 10 other parameters, such as RB, Echo (off!!) etc etc for EACH CHANNEL separately and manually ??? That would make fully programming say 5 bands would involve THOUSANDS of key presses, I know, I have done a good few hundred this afternoon. :evil: :evil: :evil:

In the following screen-shot, you will see lots of "stuff" that needs setting, but much of it I do not know what it is, and I am not at all new to all this !
Stuff like "REP" / "TSQ" / "BOT" / "EOT" etc etc

Then, on the "Optional features" page we have "NOG" / "FIN" / "FM/AM RSSI" <value> etc.

I had a look on YouTube, but there is no detailed "How to", just some guy giving a very brief and useless "overview", pretty much just reading out what he can see on the screen that he DOES understand :roll:

So, how about a "Q and A" thread?

I have leaned a bit, especially about how to hook it all up with the drivers for the cable, even with Linux, and I have copies of the software to share (easily), so if I can help, especially as I learn stuff, I will. We could even share saved rig profiles, which could be emailed (etc) to others for ease of setup. I will certainly do this when I am happy mine is all good (for my requirements, which I guess will be similar to many on this thread ;)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

First Q = Does one really have to set every individual frequency, for 8 x 40 channels (if fully populated)? That's 320 channels, each consisting of 7 digits each, equals 2,240 key presses, and that is before you check and set about 8 other parameters that are not defaulted to sensible values. There seems to be no ability to make "global" choices of those parameters within a band :evil:
John, on the S. Cheshire / N. Shropshire border. 26TM953 / muppet handle "Grey ghost"
Don't just monitor, key up and talk, otherwise everyone thinks no one else is out there !!!
ghost123uk
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Re: Anytone AT-6666 (& clones) Software Q&As

Post by ghost123uk »

Q:- One problem I have found is that the clarifier knob seems to do nowt at all :( I have looked all around the programming software on the PC, but cannot find anything in there that would stop it doing it's job and I am a bit concerned that it might have a fault.

A:- I did figure this one out for myself :clap: It's the setting in "& Option Features" labelled "FIN", which I guess is short for "Fine tuning" (with hindsight). It was set to "Off". Setting it to "On" with the "R" option resulted in a functional clarifier :D 8)
Last edited by ghost123uk on 15 Jan 2017, 09:50, edited 1 time in total.
John, on the S. Cheshire / N. Shropshire border. 26TM953 / muppet handle "Grey ghost"
Don't just monitor, key up and talk, otherwise everyone thinks no one else is out there !!!
ghost123uk
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by ghost123uk »

Q:- Does anyone know what these entries in the software menu mean = Stuff like "REP" / "TSQ" / "BOT" / "EOT"
Last edited by ghost123uk on 15 Jan 2017, 09:50, edited 1 time in total.
dt307
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: 163dt307

Post by dt307 »

the manual will give you all the info its all in there and all explained

nice write up btw
6666.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
163dt307-chris

“I fear the day that technology will surpass our human interaction. The world will have a generation of idiots.”
― Albert Einstein
ghost123uk
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by ghost123uk »

dt307 wrote:the manual will give you all the info its all in there and all explained
In the (downloaded) pdf manual I have, it does mention these "things" and tells you how to turn them on and off, but it doesn't actually say what they do :roll: I tried turning my "NOG" on, but nowt appeared to happen :?

Q:- What does it mean when it refers to one lot of settings (on the "&Options features" page) as "Public"
cb4ever104
Legend
Legend

Post by cb4ever104 »

Thanks for posting all this info . Saying that each post puts me off buying one :)
30TM060
Paul aka "Sammy". (108) PY60 Old Paisley DX Group (RIP Rab Markie)
Ex GM0 , now EA5 .
Handle "Fortune Hunter" back in "the day"
Radios ....? Anything that says "TAIWAN R.O.C" on the back.
ghost123uk
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by ghost123uk »

I posted this on the first post here, but I will answer it myself, now as I have figured it out.

Q:-Does one really have to set every individual frequency, for 8 x 40 channels (if fully populated)? That's 320 channels, each consisting of 7 digits each, equals 2,240 key presses, and that is before you check and set about 8 other parameters that are not defaulted to sensible values. There seems to be no ability to make "global" choices of those parameters within a band :evil:

A:- No, you don't. If the radio came to you new (see note * below) and has been set up in "Export" mode, known sensibly in the software as "CB 25.6150 - 30.1050" then it self populates all the frequencies, but you will find there are a lot of other tweaks you may wish to perform that still take a lot of key presses. However you will want the UK40 and that does have to be typed into one of the bands manually. Obviously you need to "overwrite" one band, so pick one you won't be using. I used band "A" as I doubt I will ever need to go down to 25mHz :crazy: The UK40 frequencies (if you don't know them :roll: ) are listed here = http://www.coastalcomms.org.uk/frequency_listings.htm Note, you don't have to worry about the last digit being a 0 not a 5 in the software, 5Hz out won't matter ;) Then, using the "Write to radio" function, available from the "Program" button (top left of window) copy all that to the radio. Then, save what you have done here, as a back up, using the "Save as" function available from the "File" button (top left of window) and give it a meaningful name!! Job done.

* note = if the radio came to you used (as mine did) the first thing to do is to save the current profile (as a back up) by using the "Read from radio" function available on the software's "Program" button (top left of window) and then save it, using the "Save as" function available "File" button (top left of window) and give it a meaningful name!! Then, do a reset to factory by using the "Initial setting" function available from the "Setup" button (top left of window). Then pick a band to "overwrite" (band A perhaps) and manually type in the UK40. Then, using the "Write to radio" function, available from the "Program" button (top left of window) copy all that to the radio. Then, save what you have done here, as a back up, using the "Save as" function available from the "File" button (top left of window) and give it a meaningful name!! Job done.

Simples(ish) :geek:
Last edited by ghost123uk on 15 Jan 2017, 09:30, edited 5 times in total.
ghost123uk
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by ghost123uk »

Q:- Where can I get the software for the radio, the drivers for the cable and an Owners manual?

A:- From my Dropbox link here = https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ydxtta42pr8y ... Qwfka?dl=0
ghost123uk
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by ghost123uk »

ghost123uk wrote: Q:- What does it mean when it refers to one lot of settings (on the "&Options features" page) as "Public"
A:- Buried in the manual, I found the answer = "Public function menu offer one-time setting for all channels"
Which is good and summat I was looking for :thumbup:
ghost123uk
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by ghost123uk »

Q:- So you set a "Roger beep" to appear on a frequency, and it doesn't work = WHY ?
santy
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: LW6DZO

Post by santy »

ghost123uk wrote: 15 Jan 2017, 09:22 Q:- Where can I get the software for the radio, the drivers for the cable and an Owners manual?

A:- From my Dropbox link here = https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ydxtta42pr8y ... Qwfka?dl=0
Hi! do you have the software to share? Thanks!
ghost123uk
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by ghost123uk »

santy wrote: 21 May 2020, 00:22
ghost123uk wrote: 15 Jan 2017, 09:22 Q:- Where can I get the software for the radio, the drivers for the cable and an Owners manual?

Here you go = https://www.dropbox.com/sh/80jkmxo4elhu ... x1Lxa?dl=0
santy
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: LW6DZO

Post by santy »

ghost123uk wrote: 21 May 2020, 08:19
santy wrote: 21 May 2020, 00:22

Here you go = https://www.dropbox.com/sh/80jkmxo4elhu ... x1Lxa?dl=0
Thanks!
Gregmiddo
Registered New User
Registered New User
Call Sign: 43HS363

Post by Gregmiddo »

I thought I would upload a config I use on the AT6666. There may be others that use something similar to me.
Basically, I only use LSB/USB but left AM in the selected modes too, just in case I might need to chat there.
Got rid of all bands except D & E, as I am mostly on the regular CB 40 channels (mostly 35 LSB), or on 27.555 USB (and a little either side of that)
I completely re-wrote C band to have a mix of regular CB frequencies, and the 5kc steps in between, as often someone will switch to one of those frequencies (eg. 27.340, 27.350, 27.360 etc..) . I know you can switch to those in frequency mode, but I try not to do that, as I always forget to switch it back, which changes the 1-40 channels about.. annoying :-)
I changed Channel 25 on Band D (regular 40 CB channels) to be 27.555, as I go there a lot.
Noise Blanker is on.
I removed PA and FM modes, as I don't use those, and it saves a few button pushes switching between USB/LSB/AM. I originally removed AM mode also, but put it back in.
No other changes of note.
Of course, it's easy enough to do all of this yourself. Just sharing to show what I do :-)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ghost123uk
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by ghost123uk »

Q = Does anyone know what "Work Group" (to the right of "Band") means / does ?
Last edited by ghost123uk on 19 Nov 2021, 08:37, edited 1 time in total.