Monthly UK40FM Net????

This is the place to discuss any general CB radio related topics. Getting started, installations, operation etc.
delboyonline
Top Poster
Top Poster

Monthly UK40FM Net????

Post by delboyonline »

Building on The Big Net, would anyone be interested in a monthly UK40FM net?

Details to be discussed on this thread.

How about on the first Sunday evening each month?

Say on channel 27?

Only using 27/81 equipment? (burners permitted!)

Contacts posted on the forum?

Thoughts please.....
ChrisMagpie
Call Sign: 26TM553

Re: Monthly UK40FM Net????

Post by ChrisMagpie »

delboyonline wrote:Building on The Big Net, would anyone be interested in a monthly UK40FM net?

Details to be discussed on this thread.

How about on the first Sunday evening each month?

Say on channel 27?

Only using 27/81 equipment? (burners permitted!)

Contacts posted on the forum?

Thoughts please.....
Great idea :thumbup:
My tuppenceworth . . .
  • PLT here is notched for 10m, and the last few channels of the UK40 fall into this notch 8) Maybe others are in the same position :?: If we picked channel 40, we could use the 10m notching to our advantage :shh: Like sitting behind a truck on the motorway, for better fuel economy :D
Oh, OK, everybody SWRs in on 40, so maybe 39?
  • My oddball shift pattern would mean I'd miss out on that Sunday evening net :( If we picked the first day of the month, then the day would rotate, and everybody would be able to take part at least some of the time :)
    "The White Rabbit UK40 Net" :mrgreen: Hmmm.
Plus! If the chosen channel was that far up the UK band, all those with Cobra 148s would be excluded, which is *exactly* the same as "they" treated us mere mortals, in the 1980s, when they would all QSY to the Low Block, and leave us out in the cold. Hahaha!! :P Ahem! :shifty:
Oggy
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Oggy »

For many years we run the BDARC net on a Sunday evening at 7:30 onwards on channel 31, but it seemed to have petered out sadly.
I'm all for it, UKFM rigs only.....that would be cool.
I like the idea of using gear from yesteryear.......more like true CB Radio.
Let's do it and keep the band alive :D

Plus I've "Stickyed it" :thumbup:

Dave.
delboyonline
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by delboyonline »

Great stuff so we need to decide on a channel and day.

I still favour a specific day, Sunday or whatever. I think a rotating day would cause confusion.

Picking a higher channel does make sense due to plt issues. Why not use 35 seeing as CB has been legal for 35 years? Would that be high enough?

I know there are already local nets around the country on 39,38,37 for sure. Are there any established local nets on 35?
Oggy
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Oggy »

I agree let's stick to the same day and not confuse matters, also a Sunday would be more suitable to most.
Come on,everyone add your thoughts and ideas.....I enjoy talking on the radio rather than "Tippy Tappying" on here all the time.
astradyne

Post by astradyne »

I'd be happy to join in.
Never, ever, ever....bloody anything ever!

Far too many radio's to list here. But I do own a legal one...
Chubster
Regular
Regular

Post by Chubster »

I would be happy to give it a go.i also think a specific day to keep it simple.it would be great on U.K. FM only as that's where a lot of us started. :thumbup:
26-TM-422
26-CT-422

Anytone AT 5555, albrecht AE2990,Midland Alan 42 multi.
ChrisMagpie
Call Sign: 26TM553

Post by ChrisMagpie »

delboyonline wrote:
Picking a higher channel does make sense due to plt issues. Why not use 35 seeing as CB has been legal for 35 years? Would that be high enough?
UK channels 35 - 40 are free of the PLT noise here. It's like having a five channel CB service :)
I wonder if anyone else benefits from the 10m notch like this, or have I just got a neighbour with a PLT device that's 50kc out of spec?
Maybe I should start a new thread: "How wide is your notch?" :wtf: OK, maybe not :lol:
astradyne

Post by astradyne »

ChrisMagpie wrote: Maybe I should start a new thread: "How wide is your notch?"
Ooh matron!
Never, ever, ever....bloody anything ever!

Far too many radio's to list here. But I do own a legal one...
delboyonline
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by delboyonline »

ChrisMagpie wrote:
delboyonline wrote:
UK channels 35 - 40 are free of the PLT noise here. It's like having a five channel CB service :)
I wonder if anyone else benefits from the 10m notch like this, or have I just got a neighbour with a PLT device that's 50kc out of spec?
Maybe I should start a new thread: "How wide is your notch?" :wtf: OK, maybe not :lol:
I think most plt noise vanishes in the top 10 channels of the uk40, that's what I've found anyway.
RadioPixie
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: 26TM552

Post by RadioPixie »

I think a 1st monthly net is a good idea and I agree that it should be on the higher end of the UK channels because of PLT (interference that's causing me grief as well, so have to be portable most of the time). As an additional suggestion, as well as the FM, you could have a SSB on the second Sunday of the month etc. Thereby meeting different needs and interests.
73 from Dave the Pixie - 26CT052 - 26TM552 - CB Radioaficionado
CaptainKirk
Radio Addict
Radio Addict
Call Sign: KIRKY

Post by CaptainKirk »

Yes I've noticed the top of UK is notched around by me from uk26 to uk40 the rest of the band is noisy.
CAPTAIN KIRK-26TM013/26CT013/26UK013 John mobile South Cheshire.
Adriano9966
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Adriano9966 »

Where I am is a poor location for UK wide 27 mhz as proved by the Big Net (lowest point of a big valley surrounded by high rise buildings ) so I really need to go out mobile to hear any of you. Talking to other countries does not seem to present much difficulty but to get you guys from here is not easy however I will give it a go .I agree with the sentiments about notching on PLT adaptors reducing noise on ten metres so using the top few channels of UKFM should work out well :thumbup:
Allan666
Call Sign: G0CRB

Post by Allan666 »

Just mention the freq day and time and I will give it a try,Although due to my location ssb may be better.But hey ho am/fm will do.
If the problen cant be sorted with a "LUMP-HAMMER" then its most likely to be an Electrical fault
DavidBehr
Registered New User
Registered New User

Post by DavidBehr »

SSB would likely exclude a lot of rigs, but so would using AM given the distances between those that might pick up.