Programming Software for Icom IC-F1010

Here you can discuss Datamodes for all bands (PSK31, FT8, JS8Call, etc), Software Defined Radio topics & General Radio Software or apps
nrevenides
Registered New User
Registered New User

Re: Programming Software for Icom IC-F1010

Post by nrevenides »

Hello to everyone!.
Long time pass from this conversation, but I need some help.
I have one IC-F1010 and because is the latest version, I need the programming software, I believe its
"CS-F1000 Rev.2.2 (IC-F1000 Rev.1-2)" . I have 2 versions of EX1764 but its not working with my version of Radio.
Any help?

Thanks,
Nikos
26mb04
Call Sign: 26DG01

Post by 26mb04 »

That's weird, I didn't think there were any version differences. What sort of error are you having?
Sent from my GP300 using DTMF
Werthers
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by Werthers »

I have an iCom IC-F1010 in my junk box I bought it cheap years ago but gave up on trying to locate the programming software fir it which is why it ended up being put away.

I could really do with a secondary VHF rig for 2 meters and seems pointless buying another radio when I could potentially use what I've got, besides the IC-F1010 looks to be like a quality radio, it seems a shame to not do anything with it.

If anybody has the programming software I'd like to have a copy of it :thumbup:

The software is DOS which is ok because I have some old Pentium computers with MS DOS 6.22 that I used to program some old UHF Motorola radios.
Werthers
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by Werthers »

Did you manage to find the programming software yet?

I keep reading good things about these radios but obviously the radio is as good as a paper weight without it. There are people selling these for 50 quid so I could sell mine and get something useful if I don't have any joy finding the programming software. I'm looking for a VHF GM350 128 Channel Motorola so if I do get some money for this useless icom then its all good.

The VHF icom is advertised as a 146 to 174 MHz but if they are anything like the old Motorola radios then they should go down to the 2 meter band by holding down Shift key while entering the frequency or something similar. Apparently the F1010 has amazing scan capabilities and can do AM as well as FM and will take Air Band frequencies so not only can it be used as a 2 meter transceiver, it can double as an Air Band scanner. Not many PMR radios can do that. I will try for a few more years searching for the software and then if still no joy I will either sell it or chuck it away if its not worth much or could junk it for parts.
mark99
New User
New User

Post by mark99 »

I have it somewhere, its better on an old xp or windows 95 machine as win 10 takes control of the dongle and overwrites the driver each time you open it.
e-mail pm and ill send it with u-send or whatever
Werthers
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by Werthers »

mark99 wrote: 03 May 2021, 13:16 I have it somewhere, its better on an old xp or windows 95 machine as win 10 takes control of the dongle and overwrites the driver each time you open it.
Awesome I have a computer running Windows 98. I'll PM you my email. :thumbup:
Werthers
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by Werthers »

I still couldn't get the Icom F1010 programed. There are a few more things I can try otherwise I'll have to give up on it instead of going around in circles with it time and time again.
st8_agps
Registered New User
Registered New User

Post by st8_agps »

mark99 wrote: 03 May 2021, 13:16 I have it somewhere, its better on an old xp or windows 95 machine as win 10 takes control of the dongle and overwrites the driver each time you open it.
Hi mate. I am also in need of this software. Would you be willing to email it to me as well please? It would be much appreciated if you could.
Regards,
cristel
Registered New User
Registered New User
Call Sign: YO4ISC

Post by cristel »

Hi mate. I am also in need of this software. Would you be willing to email it to me as well please? It would be much appreciated if you could.
Regards,