Fishing poles

Do you enjoy making your own equipment or antennas? Discuss construction and design in here.
cjay
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: cjay

Fishing poles

Post by cjay »

Just a quick headsup, might be useful to someone. Decathlon Stockport are selling off some of their telescopic fishing poles, there's a 5 metre one and a three metre one, £3.99 and £1.99.

Might be happening at some other branches too
auntystatic
Regular
Regular

Re: Fishing poles

Post by auntystatic »

make sure they are the fiberglass ones, as the carbon fiber ones are conductive and will effect any aerials made with them
kr0ne
Veteran
Veteran

Post by kr0ne »

Ooh! Ooh! Nice tip! Will pop down my local branch tomorrow to check... :D
auntystatic wrote:make sure they are the fiberglass ones, as the carbon fiber ones are conductive and will effect any aerials made with them
At this price they are probably fibreglass but good point. Will check (if the deal is on up here), although will probably still buy some if they are carbon and just use them for something else. At that price, who could argue? ;)
cjay
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: cjay

Post by cjay »

kr0ne wrote:Ooh! Ooh! Nice tip! Will pop down my local branch tomorrow to check... :D
auntystatic wrote:make sure they are the fiberglass ones, as the carbon fiber ones are conductive and will effect any aerials made with them
At this price they are probably fibreglass but good point. Will check (if the deal is on up here), although will probably still buy some if they are carbon and just use them for something else. At that price, who could argue? ;)
They are fibreglass but they were end of line and have long gone at my branch (Stockport, not checked at Warrington) but they weren't too expensive even at full price.
kr0ne
Veteran
Veteran

Post by kr0ne »

Bah! Only just noticed the date of your OP... :(