Manchester PMR446

Scanning radio frequencies for the North West
AshtonMobileScanner
Call Sign: 26TM931

Manchester PMR446

Post by AshtonMobileScanner »

Is there anybody in Manchester with pmr446 equipment like to make a contact?

Motorola UHF DP3600,
Golden One 1907,
Baofeng UV5RA+,
Diamond RH771 Antenna,
UHF Stubby Antenna,
Diamond X-30 Antenna,
MASS SPS 250 MK2.

(Monitor All Channels)
CALLSIGN: 26 TM 931 / 26 CT 931
Monsta
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: Manchester PMR446

Post by Monsta »

ah this owuld be part of the infamous nightly channel 4 net
it is getting popular !

ther eis only one issue ...already with many users on there and so many using beams and burners
distant people are struggling to cope .... i could hear some of them last night .....also with a big net using
the round-robin method of QSO ...it can take 20 mins to get your "turn" ...especially withe very long overs
I think I counted one at almost 15 minutes last night !

whilst this is standard for the ragchews on 2m ...I am sure the CB brigade thata re coming over to inhabit the
446 will soon get tired of this

also i notice the "self appointed" net cordinator ? was attempting to get people to conform to what weould be considered
2m/70cm codes of conduct ...It is inviting trouble

The planks that plague CH19 and insist on twonking about on the4 repeaters and simplex high ham bands will soon come
to notice this clique and start to give you the "treatment" ....sometimes it better to keep it quiet if its something good

the other night i was scanning and came across a bunch of "the usual suspects" on CB UK20 and they were ...hmmmm, how can i say discussing the new trend of 446 and the fact there was a gathering on there ..."plastic hams" was one term used
and they seemed to KNOW by name soem of the new oldham PMR 446 net, and were of an opinion that they had been "keying and playing music" on them in the past ....and were looking for a spat (as usual)

It won't be long before they arrive, they would have been on there on sundays but one of them couldnt get to the high freq on his Yaesu :lol: , but was going to dig out his Kenwood for "shits and giggles" :(

they are coming sadly! ...I know that your guys seem to think they can (and said) "tackle these ******s head on" and get them off your channel ....but sadly that won't be the case

I won't name names ...but you KNOW are dealing with several of the most hardcore, mindless, 30min music sessions, recording QSO's and playing them back, echoblasting and whispering gangs in the business...all packing HF Sets and large verticals and most of them have the linears too ...

If they think they have found a "nest" of would be amateurs ....then it's game over
10/11: Anytone AT-5555, President Lincoln - Astatic Audio
HF: Kenwood TS2000 ,Kenwood G707, Heil Goldline,