HamTests Website

A place to discuss the amateur radio licence, training and examination.
MW0SWA
Call Sign: MW0SWA

HamTests Website

Post by MW0SWA »

i am studying for my foundation license, and will have my exam coming up soon. I have been using this Hamtests site along with studying through the Foundation book.

I would just like to get peoples opinions about the Hamtests mock tests, did they help anyone to pass? are the mock tests up to date? etc etc?
I am a bit crazy about the Realistic DX-394
NoiseBoy
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: HamTests Website

Post by NoiseBoy »

Hamtests is excellent for the foundation. I found the pdf mock papers better for the advanced exam but apparently they have updated a lot since I used it so better now.
unclebuck
Regular
Regular

Post by unclebuck »

I know BRATS used to do an online course that was really good but I'm going back a long time a go, Don't know if they still do it but they used to have a little program that you could download onto your computer where you could learn, You would have to have a look here and enquire. http://www.brats-qth.org/

Yes Hamtests is also really good. :D
thedeerhunter270
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by thedeerhunter270 »

I used Hamtest a lot before my Foundation exam. The questions on HT aren't quite the same, but the mock tests did help a lot, if for no other reason that it helped get me used to doing 25 mutichoice questions in the time scale.
Operating in South Northumberland and Weardale.
chazwozza
Radio Addict
Radio Addict
Call Sign: 26CD172

Post by chazwozza »

online test takes about 4 mins to complete

the foundation itself if you read the questions carefully takes about 10
MW0SWA
Call Sign: MW0SWA

Post by MW0SWA »

i Passed the foundation test on the weekend, just waiting for Ofcom to issue the callsign.

and Hamtests did help me alot, i read the book from cover to cover and did two hamtests each evening, and was hitting 25 right out of 26 most of the time, this helped my confidence.

some of the questions on the foundation test were different to hamtests online, but thats why i think its important to read the book thoroughly, and listen to your instructor, because they know what type of questions will come up in the test.
I am a bit crazy about the Realistic DX-394