Alpha Tango Group Contest

Home of the Tango Mike DX Group - Transmission1's very own CB/11m DX group. All club related chat, QSL Card downloads and membership issues/requests to be posted here.
swizz69
Regular
Regular

Alpha Tango Group Contest

Post by swizz69 »

Anyone listening on 11m at the moment?

Sounds like there is a contest going on - busy busy :)
Corblimeyguvnar
Veteran
Veteran
Call Sign: 26TM097

Re: Alpha Tango Group Contest

Post by Corblimeyguvnar »

An AT contest, theres unusual! :shock:

You wont be welcome so dont bother giving a shout out. :D
swizz69
Regular
Regular

Post by swizz69 »

Lol - don't reckon they'd here me sat here anyway - 5w, whip antenna...and in the kitchen :lol:

I take it then that an Alpha Tango contest isn't the rarest of phenomena :o

Does this make Tango Mike Sunday nets a bit of a pain then :?:
Corblimeyguvnar
Veteran
Veteran

TM nets are a rare and wonderous thing, AT contests are, mm well not rare, nuff said.
andrew013
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: 26AT013

Post by andrew013 »

Corblimeyguvnar wrote:TM nets are a rare and wonderous thing, AT contests are, mm well not rare, nuff said.
depends if its a vice president contest or a country contest
and dont forget the sd contests and et contests and all the other groups contests
and in my mind all contests are pants so dont actually partake in any and points make prizes so anyone would be welcome in a contest otherwise no prizes
on air,tyne&wear,northumberland,durham,holy island,eu120+eu124 and anywhere from gateshead/north wales
scrap uk 40 give cbers L/M/Hcalling on 27.355/555 usb qsy 27.015 lsb/410 usb cb radio is for life not just for profits
i do cb radio not 11mtres,countrys worked 2015 with imax 2000 72
bigpimp347
Registered New User
Registered New User

Post by bigpimp347 »

i've not been an AT for years but really pisses them off when i still use the call :)

after it's all illegal, no one owns the callsigns so if they 'don't hear you' try with one of their callsigns.
I want to Die Asleep like my Grandad did,
Unlike his Passengers, Screaming and Shouting.!
andrew013
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by andrew013 »

after it's all illegal, no one owns the callsigns so if they 'don't hear you' try with one of their callsigns.[/quote]

whats illegal radio groups are not , neither callsigns and eu /cept fm are either (all mode eu as well as long as outside uk)and callsigns belong to the groups that issue them
and as for being an AT a long time ago did you leave because of ken and brian if so they are long gone
on air,tyne&wear,northumberland,durham,holy island,eu120+eu124 and anywhere from gateshead/north wales
scrap uk 40 give cbers L/M/Hcalling on 27.355/555 usb qsy 27.015 lsb/410 usb cb radio is for life not just for profits
bigpimp347
Registered New User
Registered New User

Post by bigpimp347 »

the AT only lows you to use illegal bands, 27.415 to 27.855 i think it was, so every country in the world would have to work illegally..

i left due to the fact it was just crap, i did however re join and noticed the in house arguing and bitching to never re joined..
after all it's only a callsign, no one owns them..
a club or group might issue you one to suit their club, but anyone can use an At DT,SD, DX callsign..
i mean nottinghams original DX club in the 1970/80's was Delta Xray and a few memebers still sue the callsign, you try telling the new DX group they are copying :)
and another point if my name was Andrew Thornton and i lived at say 25 main street i could use 26AT025 if i liked, no one with a violin case will come knocking on my door :)
I want to Die Asleep like my Grandad did,
Unlike his Passengers, Screaming and Shouting.!
MrWeetabix
Admin
Admin
Call Sign: 26TM175

Post by MrWeetabix »

shhhhhhhh. Aldo works for the Mafia and the AT group is the way he communicates his orders out to the other Mafiosa around the globe....

...... he's gunna get ya BP!! haha.
26TM175. OP: Craig. QTH: Gateshead IO94EW. Also 163TM175 when mobile in Wales 8)

Transmission1 on Facebook http://tinyurl.com/TM1onFB | Tango Mike on Facebook http://tinyurl.com/TangoMikeFB |
andrew013
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by andrew013 »

[quote="bigpimp347"]the AT only lows you to use illegal bands, 27.415 to 27.855 i think it was, so every country in the world would have to work illegally..

band plan has been mid band and high band for years now with the AT group so can be used legally and most if not all big groups go from super low to super high
but as long as you stick to legal freq then your callsign /group is legal

after all it's only a callsign, no one owns them..
well i would say allthe big groups do own them as most of the big groups charge you for the use of them so if some tit used the same callsign as you would you like it , i guess not and most ops know it would be silly to use a call that belongs to a big group like SD ET AT FB or dare i say TM as well
my local cb group from the early days was the november echos which was part of another group of november echos from miles down the road
gateshed / stockton and i talkedto a november echo from nottingham so can imagine a guy from another country getting confused if talking to a november echo from gateshead or nottingham you not in same group etc
dmc
Radio Addict
Radio Addict
Call Sign: 26tm466

Post by dmc »

Have i used the wrong tab?
Am i back in charlie tango?
Is that Steve(cherokee)?????
All this and more will be answered on this weeks Soap! :geek:
Come on guy's i left that site because of sh*t like this we all love our hobby so lets just enjoy it :D
Operator name Mel
QTH Reading Berkshire
It's all radio people......
26tm466
26ct011
26fb311
Corblimeyguvnar
Veteran
Veteran