Surveillance

Scanning radio frequencies in Wales
alannah
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Re: Surveillance

Post by alannah »

MrWeetabix wrote:Better than eastenders this......

get a radio which can TX and remind them they're using open comms. repeat back all the info you have on the target and that you'll be reporting them to the police.... see if the comms keep up :-P
Yes the thought did enter my mind, i've got a few chinese radio that could do it but dont want to scare them off as its most entertaining. :D
alannah
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by alannah »

welshmonitor wrote:Good detective work alannah, if u go snooping around dont forget your 8) to make you look inconspicious :lol:
I was on my titanium racing bike with all the gear on (with shades), :D the one guy driving the black Honda Civic 5 door hatchback with tinted rear windows also had black wrap around shades on - looked like the FBI to me :D

Anyone else in the Caerphilly area listening?
smoggy07
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by smoggy07 »

I heard something like this in Middlesbrough last year sometime on the UK Gen freqs

They where following a target who was on foot in the area close to where I was, they followed her all over the place, gave descriptions of the properties she visited i.e. "target has just entered the 3rd house on Acton Street, it`s the scruffy brown one that needs a paint job" (they actually used words to that effect describing one of the houses haha)

They followed her into town and the signal dropped (I was listening on a handheld)

I did think about knocking on the door of the property that the lass was in to ask if she knew she was being tailed but thought it best not to incase it was a police opperation and I brought undue attention on myself haha

Now you know who it is, and her better half is a builder, it might be the DWP tracking her for failing to claim for him living with her or they may think she is working on the fiddle
26TM234
alannah
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by alannah »

smoggy07 wrote:I heard something like this in Middlesbrough last year sometime on the UK Gen freqs

They where following a target who was on foot in the area close to where I was, they followed her all over the place, gave descriptions of the properties she visited i.e. "target has just entered the 3rd house on Acton Street, it`s the scruffy brown one that needs a paint job" (they actually used words to that effect describing one of the houses haha)

They followed her into town and the signal dropped (I was listening on a handheld)

I did think about knocking on the door of the property that the lass was in to ask if she knew she was being tailed but thought it best not to incase it was a police opperation and I brought undue attention on myself haha

Now you know who it is, and her better half is a builder, it might be the DWP tracking her for failing to claim for him living with her or they may think she is working on the fiddle

I know what you mean its tempting to say something and I would tend to go with your DWP theory as they have tradionally used unsecure comms in south east wales for years.

I used to listen to them in the local job centre waiting for the 'target' to sign and then follow them back to work but that was on 168.9125.

The only worry would be that these people may not be DWP and could be hired by the local loan shark or drug dealer or a gambling debt recovery operation - iv'e got enough problems as it is - think i'll just listen :D
DX-Digger
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: TM205

Post by DX-Digger »

Interesting read, did any of the vehicles have a straw type hat in the back window, reason i ask a few years ago I came across a 2.4GHz CCTV signal coming from a car parked in my street and it was watching a house across the road. think that was DHSS watching dodgy taxi drivers. and the camera was actually underneath a straw hat on the rear parcel shelf!
ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ
alannah
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by alannah »

DX-Digger wrote:Interesting read, did any of the vehicles have a straw type hat in the back window, reason i ask a few years ago I came across a 2.4GHz CCTV signal coming from a car parked in my street and it was watching a house across the road. think that was DHSS watching dodgy taxi drivers. and the camera was actually underneath a straw hat on the rear parcel shelf!
Thats very interesting, but i didn't get that close to the rear of the vehicles unfortunately. At one point the one vehicle was parked in the co-op car park and I felt conspicuous enough pedaling back and for as it was - I pretended to use the cash point, then I went back and bought a can of energy drink to get the reg.

At that time the other vehicle was about 100yds up the hill outside St Barrog's Church in Bedwas pointing out onto the road - but one of them did say 'You should be able to get some shots from there' - I assume they meant photos or video as opposed to gun shots - now theres a thought, perhaps their hitmen :D

Its got to be the only time i've looked forward to taking the kids to school - but if their about on the weekend it will be curious as to who they are!
bigbloke
Top Poster
Top Poster
Location: Nominally Newport (South Wales) but potentially "anywhere"

Post by bigbloke »

DHSS and C&E have been observed using uk gen for surveillance over the last 10 or more years

regards

BB
alannah
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by alannah »

bigbloke wrote:DHSS and C&E have been observed using uk gen for surveillance over the last 10 or more years

regards

BB
Thanks for the confirmation BB - I've been listening to them for many years with in the clear comms.
dean_aberdare
Silent Key
Silent Key

Post by dean_aberdare »

just noticed this awesome thread!! is there anymore on it?
MW0TMI / 2W0XTP / MW6VHF

Yaesu Ft-920, Yaesu MD-200 , Trap Dipole, 150ft End-Fed and 3Ele 6m Beam, Western HF Dipole.
Kenwood G707 Dual Band VHF TM163010

*Message from Admin - Dean Sadly passed away in May 2012. R.I.P. Dean.
alannah
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by alannah »

dean_aberdare wrote:just noticed this awesome thread!! is there anymore on it?
Nothing heard since the last day of transmissions that I posted. Still it was good fun while it lasted.

When I put out the feelers to discover the identity of the target, word may have got back to her and from her actions the DWP or whoever it was may have realised they'd been sussed and decided to call it a day.

Alternatively it may have been the suspicious cyclist (me) that was hovering around the vehicles that did it :D

They'll be back though, i've been listening to them for years on and off - probably moved to a different area by now.
dean_aberdare
Silent Key
Silent Key

Post by dean_aberdare »

awesome stuff cheers mate...maybe i'll have to have increase my listening bandwidth!!
MW0TMI / 2W0XTP / MW6VHF

Yaesu Ft-920, Yaesu MD-200 , Trap Dipole, 150ft End-Fed and 3Ele 6m Beam, Western HF Dipole.

alannah
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by alannah »

Spoke too soon they're back !!

3 surveillance vehicles this time though - same frequency and ctcss tone, following target around Caerphilly area and filming his movements.
dean_aberdare
Silent Key
Silent Key

Post by dean_aberdare »

you cant PM me some info such as frequencies etc... can you...
MW0TMI / 2W0XTP / MW6VHF

pterodaktyl

Post by pterodaktyl »

dean_aberdare wrote:you cant PM me some info such as frequencies etc... can you...
Check the very first post in the thread :)
alannah
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by alannah »

pterodaktyl wrote:
dean_aberdare wrote:you cant PM me some info such as frequencies etc... can you...
Check the very first post in the thread :)
Thats correct sir :D and for reference thats 173.0625 ctcss 151.4 - happy listening :D