Modding and the soldering

This is the place to discuss any general CB radio related topics. Getting started, installations, operation etc.
BasingstokeGTX

Modding and the soldering

Post by BasingstokeGTX »

I am new to the realm of the eletronics and I need to confirm something with you experts on here... if a mod says 'open circuit' does that mean for example 'do not solder' and 'closed circuit' is the opposite? I have had a mind freeze so if anyone has a mod for my mind?!
Handle: GTX
adrian
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

RE: Modding and the soldering

Post by adrian »

Open circuit can mean:
? in electronics, the absence of a load through which electric current would otherwise flow. This can be represented by an infinitely large resistance or impedance.
if you let us know what and where this mod is then we may be able to let you know a bit more! although i see where you are coming from,my other thought is open circuit..eg components can go faulty there for open circuit.(pos in need of replacement)
and if you read gregs next post (which i taught him ) you will see another example! its nice to see when you teach some people listen.....ha ha :lol:
Last edited by adrian on 28 Jun 2007, 13:18, edited 2 times in total.
greg68div
Regular
Regular

Post by greg68div »

Open circuit means the current cannot flow in the circuit

current----->___________/ .___________ the break in the circuit says the switch is 'open' - open circuit

current----->_________.___.__________ the switch is now 'closed' allowing current to retravel - closed circuit
adrian
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by adrian »

just kidding realy!!
Last edited by adrian on 28 Jun 2007, 15:08, edited 2 times in total.
greg68div
Regular
Regular

Post by greg68div »

lol :)
adrian
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by adrian »

and greg.i dunno how to tell you this but i think u r a bit out of your league,,,basingstoke gtx said " EXPERTS"!!

:P
BasingstokeGTX

Post by BasingstokeGTX »

Well expert can imply a lot of people when I am involved!

I am looking to extend the bands on my Intek m550 power CB. I was sent the mod but for a stupid person like me this can be confusing and I dont really fancy trial and error on a fairly new rig.

There a three areas that need soldering (1 pin to another). The instructions read PIN1 = 1 PIN2 = 0 & PIN3 = 1 ... 1 = Closed circuit 0 = Open Circuit.
Handle: GTX
adrian
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by adrian »

greg said he would do the soldering for you,hes got a fire poker and a blindfold #-o
trial and error on a new rig aint good,ive looked for mod ,i cant find it on here. 2 seconds worth of smoke aint good!!
let us know how you get on,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ipromise we wont laugh,well i cant vouch for greg!
greg68div
Regular
Regular

Post by greg68div »

By the sounds of it pin2 must already be linked. therefore it needs to be desoldered to make it O/C

The others need linked to make them C/C.

This is going by what you've said.
greg68div
Regular
Regular

Post by greg68div »

If you really arent sure - take it to an electronics shop. they'll follow the instructions and you'll be insured. For goodness sake dont listen to that man adrian. His head is full of sweety mice.
adrian
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by adrian »

sweety mice!not nice! :lol: