Cheapest TEN METRE & CB Radios?

This is the place to discuss any general CB radio related topics. Getting started, installations, operation etc.
wirelessjames
Banned
Banned

Cheapest TEN METRE & CB Radios?

Post by wirelessjames »

http://www.fusionrf.co.uk - The prices are by far lower than any other dealers. I cant beleive the pricing! It looks too good to be true also with free delivery - has
anyone used them? Are they any good?

The forums look interesting but not much traffic. Apparrently they
have just redone the site? Anyone been to the shop?

I have no link to them - I found them as they advertise on another
forum and another website www.cobraworxshopz.com and www.ukradiodx.com

Also a regular on the 19 was talking about Ukradiodx.com where you can listen to the 19 from London on the internet.

Hopefully with these websites that are starting up - it will get the
interest back again on CB?

Do you think it will ever get back to what it was? Probably not :(

Posted edited as it looked like commercial advetising. Duplicate links removed - Mods.
Panteneman
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Panteneman »

Yep,

Know of these.

Ever check www.citizensbandradio.org? ;-)

A fair quantity of us peeps live over there too!

There is a bit of a renaissance going on to be honest. Even some of the 11m SSB DX'ers have returned out of the woodwork down my area. And, if looking on 11m SSB webpages, forums, and what-not, it's as if 11m SSB never died anyway.

What I find ironic, was that the t'interweb killed off two way radio comms. NOW, it appears to be helping it out!!

Monitor the bands, preferably with a CB rig and proper resonant antenna, and draw a conclusion of your own. But, it appears to be reviving in my honest opinion...
Speaking to people in foreign lands, with various configurations of copper wire in various strange shapes - my friends think I'm committing acts of witchcraft...
wirelessjames
Banned
Banned

Post by wirelessjames »

Cheers for the reply Mark! What part of the country are you in - approximately, of course!
wirelessjames
Banned
Banned

Post by wirelessjames »

Oops! After typing that msg - I can see on your sig. West Lancs. DOH!!
ntj
Regular
Regular

Post by ntj »

I'm one of what seems like many recent returnees - eBay is a wonderful wonderful thing :D It's all about 11m for me; conditions are getting stronger and stronger, there are digi modes to play with, and the net lets people share information like never before. It's a GREAT time to get (back) into it and surely there will be a continuing growth as the sunsport cycle progresses ;)