Scanning in 2023 Merseyside.

General scanning discussion forum. Talk about anything to do with scanners, equipment, VHF/UHF reception and the art of catching those illusive signals!
kurisu

Scanning in 2023 Merseyside.

Post by kurisu »

So I’m looking to get back into scanning after having a BCT15X, that’s long gone… but I have been looking at getting one of the digital scanners by whistler, so one of the Uniden digital with the ProVoice, NXDN and DMR/Motrobo addons.

How is the scanning Ariana these days. A lot of people/ companies have gone digital, and with that I assume a lot have scrambling enabled. I’m in Merseyside if anybody could shed a little light on it!
Uniden BCT15X
DuncanM

Re: Scanning in 2023 Merseyside.

Post by DuncanM »

A lot is dmr around Liverpool or Merseyside in general. Still plenty out there not a lot is encrypted. I've just noticed this post. I visit Cheshire and Merseyside now and again. I don't have a lot for the Mersey area. There are certainly a lot of hospitals out there on dmr. I have an Anytone to decode dmr, not a scanner but it gets me by. I run my uniden in search mode, if it picks up a dmr signal I tune my anytone into it through the keypad. I've found a lot doing it that way