Multimode 2 Tatty, Recently Serviced, First Time Custom Paint

A forum for the discussion of matters of a technical nature. All such activities are undertaken at the readers discretion and own risk. If you don't know what you are doing, don't blame us if it all goes wrong!
The Collector
Legend
Legend

Re: Multimode 2 Tatty, Recently Serviced, First Time Custom Paint

Post by The Collector »

I have 131 radios, but I'll be selling all but a couple of them in the new year. Most of them have their boxes, and most are in excellent nick with a few new/old stock ones. Some are rare, some are commonplace and most are UK40 radios, with about a dozen or so sidebanders.

You mention about your MM2 being tatty, well the gold one cost me £27 plus postage and was battered within an inch of its life! Dented, pitted, looked like it'd been shot at with a 12-bore and then dropped off a 12 story block of flats.

I've sold a few of my "tarted up" radios in the past - a black and grey Fidelity 2000, a gold Binatone 5-star and a silver and grey York 863 for example - but I've kept most of them since. There are 5 of them in this picture. I've had a move around since then and added a few more radios:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
GDog
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: RedWold

Post by GDog »

The Nickname checks out!

I was looking at a handheld Harvard today on eBay and did a bit of a Google to check it's specification, sure enough the top result was a forum post from yourself back in 2010 :)

While it's sad to hear you are selling up, please put me down for a sidebander in the new year it would be an honour to own one Sir!

I returned to radio after I was given a Major 588 just before the Pandemic. The timing must have been fate as conveniently that is when CB made a bit of a comeback and the prices went up! Typical of my luck.

I've spent the past three years working through a few cybernets that I lusted after in my youth. Now I've got that out of my system (and owning a few modern CRTs, Formac, Midland and a good 'ol Good Buddy) I'd wish I kept the Concorde 2.
The Collector
Legend
Legend

Post by The Collector »

Nooooo... not a Good Buddy lol ;)

There were a few more radios that I wanted before the collection would've been complete, like the 5-block Hy-Gain V and Concorde 3 but never mind, I got 99% of what I wanted so it's not too bad.

The last few I got were expensive sidebanders (ran out of UK40 ones to collect) compared to the £25, mint and boxed Rotel 240's etc I used to be able to buy on ebay. The prices certainly have gone up on some radios!

I'll be putting all the radios on ebay, probably February time so people have got Christmas out of the way.
lambrettadave
Veteran
Veteran
Call Sign: TM455

Post by lambrettadave »

Looks like I am going to have to save up a few quid Dave to add a few exclusive rigs to my collection.

I can remember on another thread we were commenting on how many rigs we have and then you said you had under a 100 so you have come along way since then.

Do you ever think you might start collecting again Dave?
CALL SIGN 26TM455 OPERATOR DAVE QTH SUNDERLAND

http://www.flickr.com/photos/88011785@N06/ for CB magazine.reviews

http://www.youtube.com/user/lambrettadave7 for some vids of my radios.
The Collector
Legend
Legend

Post by The Collector »

lambrettadave wrote: 20 Sep 2022, 21:33 Looks like I am going to have to save up a few quid Dave to add a few exclusive rigs to my collection.

I can remember on another thread we were commenting on how many rigs we have and then you said you had under a 100 so you have come along way since then.

Nah... once they're gone, that'll be it collecting-wise Dave. CB Radio will always have a place in my heart and a hell of a lot of my best memories are from that era.

I ended up collecting a few sidebanders as there was nothing out there to interest me UK40-wise for quite a while. I think I have 15 including my tarted-up ones.

I've also got my Imax with single-piece 9ft tank-whip top section and the wind-up mast that I made to come down and flog at some point too. I've already taken the Midland 78 and extension speaker out of my car's centre console. I never did speak to anyone on that particular radio lol.

I'll just keep one or two of the radios for old-time's sake, but the rest can go to add to someone else's collection, or maybe just to be run over by a steamroller in the case of my Fidelity 1000 ;)

I made a quick list (pictured below) of the radios, mic's, aerials etc that I have and put on the prices that I'll probably start the auctions at for most of them. There are a few other bits knocking about but I didn't really collect anything other than radios, 90% of them being UK40 ones.

BTW - I accept most credit cards except American Express but I won't swap my best radios for 2 sheep and a goat sorry ;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
NightProwler
Veteran
Veteran
Call Sign: 163TM186

Post by NightProwler »

You are going to have to change your username now :D
Shorter of breath and one day closer to death
lambrettadave
Veteran
Veteran

Post by lambrettadave »

The Collector wrote: 21 Sep 2022, 18:27
lambrettadave wrote: 20 Sep 2022, 21:33 Looks like I am going to have to save up a few quid Dave to add a few exclusive rigs to my collection.

Nah... once they're gone, that'll be it collecting-wise Dave. CB Radio will always have a place in my heart and a hell of a lot of my best memories are from that era.

I ended up collecting a few sidebanders as there was nothing out there to interest me UK40-wise for quite a while. I think I have 15 including my tarted-up ones.

I've also got my Imax with single-piece 9ft tank-whip top section and the wind-up mast that I made to come down and flog at some point too. I've already taken the Midland 78 and extension speaker out of my car's centre console. I never did speak to anyone on that particular radio lol.

I'll just keep one or two of the radios for old-time's sake, but the rest can go to add to someone else's collection, or maybe just to be run over by a steamroller in the case of my Fidelity 1000 ;)

I made a quick list (pictured below) of the radios, mic's, aerials etc that I have and put on the prices that I'll probably start the auctions at for most of them. There are a few other bits knocking about but I didn't really collect anything other than radios, 90% of them being UK40 ones.

BTW - I accept most credit cards except American Express but I won't swap my best radios for 2 sheep and a goat sorry ;)
Think I might need a banker's draft and a van hahaha.
Great list Dave I think you will get a good return as you well know that some of those rigs are selling for big money now.

I have quite a few of what you have but I am running out of display space and find it pointless hiding them in a cupboard
NightProwler wrote: 21 Sep 2022, 21:02 You are going to have to change your username now :D
Like the big seller

The Collector
Legend
Legend

Post by The Collector »

I'm selling my binocular collection too, so I can't even keep it for that! Sold quite a few at a carboot sale on Sunday.

I then won't have any collections so you're right, it'll have to go! Something like "Fidelity 3000 Lover" will have to suffice from then on as it might be the only radio I have left ;)
lambrettadave
Veteran
Veteran

Post by lambrettadave »

The Collector wrote: 22 Sep 2022, 15:16 I'm selling my binocular collection too, so I can't even keep it for that! Sold quite a few at a carboot sale on Sunday.

I then won't have any collections so you're right, it'll have to go! Something like "Fidelity 3000 Lover" will have to suffice from then on as it might be the only radio I have left ;)
Did you give up the binoculars user's forum name as peeping Dave to just looking

The Collector
Legend
Legend

Post by The Collector »

lambrettadave wrote: 23 Sep 2022, 19:06
The Collector wrote: 22 Sep 2022, 15:16 I'm selling my binocular collection too, so I can't even keep it for that! Sold quite a few at a carboot sale on Sunday.

Did you give up the binoculars user's forum name as peeping Dave to just looking
I've still got a tripod-based telescope that I assembled 4 years ago but have never used yet, so perhaps I can try that before I sell it ;)

Hashtag # - Oooeeer, I've got a big one :)
lambrettadave
Veteran
Veteran

Post by lambrettadave »

You are funny,

PS I don't I don't want to know what is big and definitely don't want to see a photo....

:-D

The Collector
Legend
Legend

Post by The Collector »

lambrettadave wrote: 24 Sep 2022, 17:38 You are funny,

PS I don't I don't want to know what is big and definitely don't want to see a photo....

:-D
Here it is... are you ready...can you handle it?...:
The Collector
Legend
Legend

Post by The Collector »

I'm watching with interest ;) :

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/255800596309 ... media=COPY

Fingers crossed for you!
GDog
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: RedWold

Post by GDog »

Hey Dave!
I thought I'd check in to see if anyone noticed lol.
Hopefully she will get the love she deserves.
Honestly... I am a reluctant seller. I do feel shame
No doubt the funds will go into another Cybernet.
G
The Collector
Legend
Legend

Post by The Collector »

GDog wrote: 01 Nov 2022, 06:18 Hey Dave!
I thought I'd check in to see if anyone noticed lol.
Hopefully she will get the love she deserves.
Honestly... I am a reluctant seller. I do feel shame
No doubt the funds will go into another Cybernet.
G
It puts this one to shame anyway :)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/204138861147 ... media=COPY