Shopwatch pubwatch

Scanning radio frequencies for Scotland
benfallon89
Regular
Regular

Shopwatch pubwatch

Post by benfallon89 »

Can anyone private message me the cc codes and time slots for the shopwatch and pubwatch in glasgow. Tried to find it myself but had no luck so if anyone has em that’s appreciated
neil57uk1

Re: Shopwatch pubwatch

Post by neil57uk1 »

Just put the frequency in your scanner and it will find them for you although you only really need the frequency.
GlasgowTransmission
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: TV54

Post by GlasgowTransmission »

I’m not hearing much activity on nightclubs on the 456.8500 frequency hear shopwatch during the day are they on the same frequency as shopwatch still ?

Hear calls to a place camera control during the day and all the shops communicating but not hearing much during the night especially weekends ??
Metradio
Radio Addict
Radio Addict
Call Sign: G7HID

Post by Metradio »

neil57uk1 wrote: 12 Feb 2022, 18:51 Just put the frequency in your scanner and it will find them for you although you only really need the frequency.
Don't think the guy is using a scanner but has a cheap DMR handie hence requiring digital details :(

Mike
Connect Systems CS750 and CS800, Hytera PD-365, Motorola DP4600.
Raspberry Pi 2 and DV4Mini HotSpot.
AOR AR-DV1 Digital Voice Receiver / eSPY on ARD V1.

Whistler WS1088 / TRX-1 / Whistler Q / UBCD3600XLT / WTR Browser.
benfallon89
Regular
Regular

Post by benfallon89 »

Cheers lads got the info needed in pm’s not very active at night but should be more active tommorow daytime
benfallon89
Regular
Regular

Post by benfallon89 »

Got it programmed in and can hear a few shops back and forth on 456,850
GlasgowTransmission
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: TV54

Post by GlasgowTransmission »

Is night pub watch still active at night don’t really hear much going on are they still using 456.8500 frequency
bertonumber1
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: 108AT106

Post by bertonumber1 »

Probably went encrypted after looking on here or searching google tbh
Kind Regards

Rab
DuncanM

Post by DuncanM »

bertonumber1 wrote: 03 Sep 2022, 00:01 Probably went encrypted after looking on here or searching google tbh
That old chestnut.

Ofcom, a UK government agency publishes the frequencies. All you need after that is the likes of an Anytone or a Uniden that decodes tones or colour codes and other details. It is possible to give details over the air without names etc being mentioned.

Argyle Street is still in the clear on dmr, Sauchiehall Street is encrypted. I hear Argyle Street every time I'm in Glasgow, the last time was on Monday.
bertonumber1
Regular
Regular

Post by bertonumber1 »

This was a year ago.. And It sadly is "That old chestnut" as Mark Brandon Read once said.

Regardless of what ofcom enter into the WTR It doesn't change the fact those supplying DMR/NXDN comms still prowl around looking for those posting videos and threads of TGs and CCs then use this to try and sell encryption to customers.

I'm not saying don't do it, I've done it myself.. Just stating the obvious really.

Regards
Ps cheers for the frequencies by email BTW
Kind Regards

Rab
DuncanM

Post by DuncanM »

YouTube etc isn't exactly flooded with clips of people showing what they have found. We still have emergency services non encrypted, there is a fire and rescue page where even they have posted their frequencies. You can look up Mountain Rescue Team frequencies and the Coastguard are still nfm. You could probably block airport frequencies that are on uhf. I've often said it's not people posting frequencies that is killing the hobby, people being negative are. I've had the same 1250 or thereabouts channels in my Uniden for years and about 500 in my Anytone from areas I work in for a few years now and very few from about 15 years ago when I got my first Uniden have gone encrypted. I've owned scanners since 1989.

Here are the firefighter handheld frequencies https://www.ukfrs.com/guidance/search/f ... n&id=19529
bertonumber1
Regular
Regular

Post by bertonumber1 »

Hi there,

OK I value your point even if a tad defensive. I'm not disputing being able to lookup frequencies on ofcom etc etc.
FB, tik toc and YouTube to name a few places I've seen folk (a few miles away) live streaming broadcasts showing TGs and CCs in use. It's hard not to be negative when faced with that Duncan.
Its certainly not doing us any favours. Ive had several in my area go encrypted. OK one was due to abuse of the UHF repeater, someone was keying it out with DTMF tones. The other just went encrypted over night this was after some posts were made concerning night wardens in our area and their radios.
Aside from that there are a few over zealous out there who I know to install these systems and they do scour the likes of FB looking for this kind of thing , Business is business at the end of the day and if they can persuade an encryption package to be added to a lease then its a plus for them, a big minus for us.

On the other hand and looking at things from their perspective, profit aside.
No one would like to go into their work on a Monday morning and see their comms splattered all over the net. I've posted a few on here myself but only short term, events which are up for a week max then take down again. Call me selfish for not sharing the systems that are in my favourites lists on open forums and FB But then again, loose lips sink ships. DM me or drop an email I'll happily help folk out.

I too have been a listener and DX'er since the early 90's and I do take on board your point about negativity, it's horrible seeing folk just posting "there's nowt to listen to, it's dead" or "Everything's Tetra" Remember when promauk faced the same bs on his board?

IMO that's the kind of negativity that's killing the hobby, not hinting at a little bit of restrainment and being brutally honest as to why something isn't on that frequency/mode anymore.

Hope you're well mate

Regards
Kind Regards

Rab
DuncanM

Post by DuncanM »

When you DM someone, how do you know they are the only one that will receive the information? How do you know they aren't sharing or doing the damage? It's possible to communicate without giving away too much information at the time. Information can be given by phone or later face to face.