East Midlands Ambulance

Scanning radio frequencies for the East Midlands
liamcarbin
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Re: East Midlands Ambulance

Post by liamcarbin »

Is there a limit to the amount of filters I can have? I've tried creating a filter "999" but when I press ok it doesn't appear in the filter list.
Liam Carbin
Stoke-on-Trent

Uniden Bearcat 3500xlt
Realistic Pro-70 Hyperscan
Moonraker Skyscan Mobile Antenna
R820T Dongle ADSB Receiver
TYT-MD380
archspoofer

Post by archspoofer »

liamcarbin wrote:Is there a limit to the amount of filters I can have? I've tried creating a filter "999" but when I press ok it doesn't appear in the filter list.

I don't believe there is. I have 4 filters in at the moment and it runs ok. Is it possible you clicked the wrong button :? ??
Age and knowledge don't always come together. Sometimes you just get the age...
smoggy07
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by smoggy07 »

liamcarbin wrote:Is there a limit to the amount of filters I can have? I've tried creating a filter "999" but when I press ok it doesn't appear in the filter list.
I have 11 filters in place at the moment

Are you wanting every message containing the numbers 9 9 9 as in the emergency phone number?

I dont think I`ve ever seen any message come in containing a tripple 9 before now

when you add the filter you have to remember to select if you its a flex capcode or pocsag riccode or text amongst other options, you should choose text, enter your filter in the text field then click ok
26TM234
liamcarbin
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by liamcarbin »

smoggy07 wrote:
I dont think I`ve ever seen any message come in containing a tripple 9 before now

when you add the filter you have to remember to select if you its a flex capcode or pocsag riccode or text amongst other options, you should choose text, enter your filter in the text field then click ok
Example - 999 (05/09 15:40) @ ON THE BOULEVARD NEAR TO THE BUSES, 45 Market Gates
Shopping Centre, GREAT YARMOUTH, NR302AX. 10 Chest Pain (M COLLAPSED).
871 enroute (1.0 ml). Ref:550

I've done exactly what you said, ive selected text, entered it and then pressed ok, but nothing happens.
Very strange.

May have a workaround for myself, ive added it manually in the filters config file.
Liam Carbin
Stoke-on-Trent

Uniden Bearcat 3500xlt
TYT-MD380
archspoofer

Post by archspoofer »

smoggy07 i see your profile says ur near the coast. If there is a RNLI station nearby might be worth a try on 153.075 as "Apparently" this is assigned to RNLI as Data.
smoggy07
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by smoggy07 »

liamcarbin wrote:
smoggy07 wrote:

Example - 999 (05/09 15:40) @ ON THE BOULEVARD NEAR TO THE BUSES, 45 Market Gates
Shopping Centre, GREAT YARMOUTH, NR302AX. 10 Chest Pain (M COLLAPSED).
871 enroute (1.0 ml). Ref:550

I've done exactly what you said, ive selected text, entered it and then pressed ok, but nothing happens.
Very strange.

May have a workaround for myself, ive added it manually in the filters config file.

I tried to add 999 as a filter but it didnt work for some bewiltering reason but I have a work round

make a new text filter and in the text box enter the word police and hit ok, when you see the filter "police" in the filter window, double click it and change the word police to 999 and hit apply (its at the bottom between the ok button and the cancel button), then click ok to go back to your filter list and it should be there ;)
26TM234
smoggy07
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by smoggy07 »

archspoofer wrote:smoggy07 i see your profile says ur near the coast. If there is a RNLI station nearby might be worth a try on 153.075 as "Apparently" this is assigned to RNLI as Data.
I have this as well as many other freqs in my "pagers" scan list on my pcr 1000 and have never seen anything relating to the RNLI, where I am at the moment (I`ve moved from a noise hell hole in town to a partial dead spot closer to the hills but also closer to the coast) but I will give it a watch though

Cheers
26TM234
liamcarbin
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by liamcarbin »

Even adding police....still nothing. :lol: Must not like me :P
Liam Carbin
Stoke-on-Trent

Uniden Bearcat 3500xlt
TYT-MD380
smoggy07
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by smoggy07 »

liamcarbin wrote:Even adding police....still nothing. :lol: Must not like me :P
Can you add any text filter that is not numbers or is it being funny with all filters? try duplicating a filter you already have in your list then edit it or double click on one of the filters already in your list, change it to 999, hit apply then re-add the old filter you edited, if that makes sense
26TM234
liamcarbin
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by liamcarbin »

smoggy07 wrote:
liamcarbin wrote:Even adding police....still nothing. :lol: Must not like me :P
Can you add any text filter that is not numbers or is it being funny with all filters? try duplicating a filter you already have in your list then edit it or double click on one of the filters already in your list, change it to 999, hit apply then re-add the old filter you edited, if that makes sense
That will have to be the way then, I can add a duplicate but I cant add any new filters from scratch. Thank you for your help :D
Liam Carbin
Stoke-on-Trent

Uniden Bearcat 3500xlt
TYT-MD380
Kraynor
Registered New User
Registered New User

Post by Kraynor »

archspoofer wrote: 08 Feb 2011, 22:32 Anyone been picking up East Mids Ambulance via Pocsag 153.325 mhz ???

Been getting them for ages no problems.

Around 14:00 hours today their messages just stopped. Rather weird, still getting everything and everywhere else just not EMA messages.

Any ideas anyone??

The missus says they have seen the forum & changed everything LOL WOMEN
Hi, sorry for the late reply but I just wanted to ask are they still using these frequencies today?
archspoofer

Post by archspoofer »

Kraynor wrote: 15 Jul 2022, 17:31
archspoofer wrote: 08 Feb 2011, 22:32 Anyone been picking up East Mids Ambulance via Pocsag 153.325 mhz ???

Been getting them for ages no problems.

Around 14:00 hours today their messages just stopped. Rather weird, still getting everything and everywhere else just not EMA messages.

Any ideas anyone??

The missus says they have seen the forum & changed everything LOL WOMEN
Hi, sorry for the late reply but I just wanted to ask are they still using these frequencies today?
It would appear not, I assume they are now utilising the capability of the tetra system to handle data, however it seems loads of ambulances in the Manchester area still use the old systems and are able to be decoded on POCSAG