Passed my full ham exam last week ...

A place to discuss the amateur radio licence, training and examination.
stanogs68
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Passed my full ham exam last week ...

Post by stanogs68 »

Well done thats brilliant :thumbup:
love your familly
paulears
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: G4RMT

Post by paulears »

The point of reference books is kind of that in five years, you can find an answer, but I accept that nowadays, there's less point. I must admit I kept my RYA marine band text book. Like you I'll probably not need it, but I did actually use it for something last week! The callsign works brilliantly - well worth the twenty quid! I got a notification from DVLA that G14 RMT was available for cars, and as I work a lot in Northern Ireland, where I am GI4RMT - neat.
securityguy
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: G5VHF

Post by securityguy »

The body of knowledge for ham radio (and almost if not all areas of study) is updated daily, fully searchable, often in video format and free on the Internet. I no more need the full licence manual than I need a collection of encyclopaedias to find the capital of a city.
Ant
Call Sign: 26TM718

Post by Ant »

Those of you who passed the full, how long until you saw it available to be applied for on the Ofcom website?
Shack, noun, a small building, usually made of wood or metal, that has not been built well - Oxford Dictionary
A shack (or, less often, shanty) is a type of small, often primitive shelter or dwelling - Wikipedia

Licence - British spelling
License - American spelling
Mitch
Radio Addict
Radio Addict
Call Sign: M1TCH

Post by Mitch »

Ant wrote: 10 Jun 2022, 13:40 Those of you who passed the full, how long until you saw it available to be applied for on the Ofcom website?
I passed on a Wednesday and got my cert from the RSGB on the Saturday, you need the cert for your candidate number, so not long. I wanted (and got) a specific call though and that took 'til Friday the next week. It took OFCOM 48 hours to reply to emails so a bit slower, but worth the £20, paid online, and when payment went through there it was on my OFCOM page within a minute or so.
The perfect face for radio.
Ant
Call Sign: 26TM718

Post by Ant »

I passed my full on Friday and there's still no details on the Ofcom website - it's a long wait!

I can't remember to be certain, but I'm sure that when I did my Intermediate, that it was pretty quickly that it was shown as available to be applied for on the Ofcom website.
Shack, noun, a small building, usually made of wood or metal, that has not been built well - Oxford Dictionary
A shack (or, less often, shanty) is a type of small, often primitive shelter or dwelling - Wikipedia

Licence - British spelling
License - American spelling
securityguy
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: G5VHF

Post by securityguy »

It took about 4 business days or so for my Full pass to show on the Ofcom website.
paulears
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: G4RMT

Post by paulears »

Congratulations!
Farty
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Farty »

Well done. Did mine bqck in February after languishing in intermediatedome for almost a decade.

Imwas jolly excited when I got my Foundation parchment back in 2009 and bought a private plate with my callsign on. It wasnt expensive, £99 back then. Tempted to get another, but my other passion is music and some years ago the long suffering Mrs Farty bought me BA55*** for my 50th. Thats now been on a succession of cars ranging from a TDV8 Rangie when i was working through to my ickle Peugeot 108 now I'm retired and dont go anywhere.
In Before The Lock Champion of Total Magnificenceness May 2016
SkyShield
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: TM159

Post by SkyShield »

Mitch wrote: 18 Feb 2022, 21:33 ... And got my new call sign today. :D

I did the Bath Based Distance Learning course via Zoom last year from August to Xmas and took my exam last week using TestReach online and passed. There's a lot of new stuff I had to learn and a lot of new stuff I'll never understand, but I scraped by, lol.

The bonus part is I got my perfect call sign but had to ask for it, though it was worth the £20. A few phone calls and emails to Ofcom later and I managed to get M1TCH so I'm well chuffed (plus I've had a beer or two).

G'night all :wave:
Congratulations on the full call. I gave up in the end after failing 6 times (twice by one question). One day I’ll revisit it but not right now . 👍🏻👍🏻
:D :crazy: