Managed to turn my MTP3550 into a paper weight

Use this section to discuss Digital Amateur Radio operations, such as D-Star and other digitally-encoded traffic
shanetrain
Registered New User
Registered New User
Call Sign: VK5URD

Managed to turn my MTP3550 into a paper weight

Post by shanetrain »

Hopefully might be able to get some assistance from someone who is more moto savy than me.

Before anyone asks, I did connect it to a dummy load so as not to spew out some 800Hmz goodliness into the airwaves.

Was playing around with TetraCPS on a second hand MTP3550 800mhz version before I attempt on my 70cm one I intend to use on Pistar.
It had a heap of old setting in it and I seen under the [tools] it had [erase memory] so I clicked it.

It was in flashing mode and it cleared the radio but the radio never woke up after I turned it off.

I have been trying everything to recover it but the screen is blank.

So far I have tried
1. holding 1+9+power - nothing
2. Battey out/in while 1+9+power - still nothing
3. Many other combination of button presses and power off/on - nothing still.

The radio is not reporting as a comm port either, drivers are fine as my other 800mhz still connects

Its like it completely erased the bootloader.

Is there any other button combination for flash mode? or this is a send to Moto so they can open up and re-flash

Thanks in advance
radiosification
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: Managed to turn my MTP3550 into a paper weight

Post by radiosification »

I don't have any experience with this radio but from my messing about with other things like this over the years I'd guess that trying to install firmware might help.

Also I'm pretty sure pi star doesn't support tetra unless something has changed recently. Do let me know if there is some platform like pi star for tetra though because I'd love to try it.
If you're interested in digital voice, check out my YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/radiosification
G5NR
Registered New User
Registered New User

Re: Managed to turn my MTP3550 into a paper weight

Post by G5NR »

no pistar for tetra you have to use svlix or do what lots do and just but a cable from ebay and plug in to dmr mobile