Roger Bleeps - New for 2021

The place to talk about specific radios, equipment and accessories. Do you prefer the latest generation of rigs and antennas or do you like the classics? Discuss it here!
1968neil
Regular
Regular

Re: Roger Bleeps - New for 2021

Post by 1968neil »

Hi Folks,
It's been a while due to my current work commitments with no thanks to Mr Putins endeavours !!

Yes the box is now finished and the first batch sold out within 24hrs !!
I'm amazed to say the least, reviews have been very encouraging and some nice feedback on the quality and features.
I posted a basic video on Youtube this past week.

The little unit pretty much sells itself and i am currently really struggling to make enough of them with my limited time available.
I currently have a waiting list for these and i hope to fulfil the current backlog of orders in the next 4 weeks or so, if any one would like one please drop me a line and ill add you to my ever growing build list.
The Price is Β£139.99 inc postage. Some of you are probably going to say it seems expensive for a noise toy, however when you consider the cost of developing this unit (i started it in 2016) and the many hours of time spent i think its quite reasonable in the current climate, in fact at this price i am making a loss ! but if it keeps the hobby alive then i'm happy.

And to those that already have received theirs, thank you for your kind words and support, its means a lot .

Here are some images of the finished article.
[img]
[img]
[img]

Kind Regards
Neil
stanogs68
Veteran
Veteran

Post by stanogs68 »

Very nice , :thumbup:
love your familly
Edd200sx
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: AMC45

Post by Edd200sx »

Love that thing 😁
The Collector
Legend
Legend

Post by The Collector »

Nice and neat :)

Would there be any way to display what the beep's name is (even if shortened somewhat), rather than just the beep's number in the list? It's just a thought and it may not be possible anyway.
1968neil
Regular
Regular

Post by 1968neil »

I did contemplate displaying the bleep name, however by the time i had gotten that far i had to change the decoder chip for one that didn't have the ability.
Unfortunately due to the pandemic and the shortage of particular semiconductors i had to choose the lesser option.
It would seem that customers that already have the unit have loaded less that 30 tones onto the USB stick and say thats plenty and also easy to remember, there is always the exception but the rule of course...... :D
I may revisit the design at a later date when the semiconductor becomes available again but the current lead time on that device is 2 years !!

There was an upside to the chip change........ The Module can decode MP3 & Wav files which is quite handy.

Some more image :

[img]
[img][

Kind Regards
Neil
Base Jumper
Regular
Regular

Post by Base Jumper »

I love it , where can i get one πŸ˜ŽπŸ‘
1968neil
Regular
Regular

Post by 1968neil »

Base Jumper wrote: ↑09 May 2022, 02:20 I love it , where can i get one πŸ˜ŽπŸ‘
Hi Base Jumper,

Really sorry you missed the boat on this one, i sold out of them almost straight away.
I will have some more in production in the next couple of months, unfortunately the situation in the Ukraine isn't helping due to component shortage problems.
As soon as i have some more available ill be sure to let you all know.
Thank you to those that purchased theirs and for the wonderful feedback, it means a lot to know i hit the spot !

Kind Regards
Neil
Base Jumper
Regular
Regular

Post by Base Jumper »

Happy to wait , please put my name on one πŸ˜ŽπŸ‘
1968neil
Regular
Regular

Post by 1968neil »

Will do πŸ‘
Base Jumper
Regular
Regular

Post by Base Jumper »

1968neil wrote: ↑15 May 2022, 20:00 Will do πŸ‘
Thankyou πŸ‘πŸ˜Ž
1968neil
Regular
Regular

Post by 1968neil »

Hi Folks,

I hope all of you are well.
Just an update regarding the UB452295 Ultrableep Module.
I have decided to take the decision to cease production of this little Gem.
The worldwide component shortages are creating havoc with parts and the costs of producing it have spiralled out of control to the point that it's just not currently viable at the moment.
I will keep it on the back boiler until the situation improves.
I have managed to fulfil my back log of orders thus far and have only had one cancellation which isn't a problem as the unit was snapped up straight away.
I have noticed however that they seem to be fetching STUPID money as a used or collectable item, i find this odd but quite flattering, however don't get ripped off, it will be back once the parts nightmare is resolved.
Again, A big thank you to those that purchased one and i'm truly humbled by the response to them.

I have a couple of new products coming soon that may appeal to the "Rig Doctors" among you and i have been super careful with component sourcing during the design process :)

73's
Neil
The Collector
Legend
Legend

Post by The Collector »

1968neil wrote: ↑01 Jul 2022, 15:33 ....

I have a couple of new products coming soon that may appeal to the "Rig Doctors" among you and i have been super careful with component sourcing during the design process :)

73's
Neil
Neil - do you make anything that can turn a complete idiot into a competent radio tech though???
I'll order one now if you can ;)

Sorry to see that your run of beep-boxes has come grinding to a halt. Hopefully it'll all sort itself out soon though.
1968neil
Regular
Regular

Post by 1968neil »

haha, if i did i would be a very rich man by now .........:)

I would lie to think the component shortage issues will be over soon but its not looking likely with the current issues in the Ukraine.
I work in the test equipment industry for my main job and i've heard of a well known car manufacturer buying up lcd TV's to get a particular chip from and scrapping the remainder...... Now that speaks volumes.....
73's
Neil
ChrisMagpie
Call Sign: 26TM553

Post by ChrisMagpie »

1968neil wrote: ↑04 Jul 2022, 21:09
I work in the test equipment industry for my main job and i've heard of a well known car manufacturer buying up lcd TV's to get a particular chip from and scrapping the remainder...... Now that speaks volumes.....
Here's Russia's answer to the chip shortage:
https://www.autoevolution.com/news/sanc ... 88967.html

"A shortage of electronic components, together with stringent Western sanctions have sent Russia’s automotive industry back to the late 80s, with local carmakers now authorized to ignore Emissions standards and no longer obligated to fit their vehicles with important safety kit such as airbags, ESP, ABS or even seat belt pretensioners."

If they're allowed to put the Moskvich back into production, we should be allowed to put the Austin Allegro back into production :)

In these times of austerity, how about creating a cunning plan to turn a Fidelity 1000 into a roger beep unit, with 40 selectable beeps. The squelch control could become a level control. The on/off volume control could become a talkback control and the meter lamp would be a useful shack light :mrgreen:
The Collector
Legend
Legend

Post by The Collector »

Yey...Allegro! This was their "hot hatch" attempt lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.