Roger Bleeps - New for 2021

The place to talk about specific radios, equipment and accessories. Do you prefer the latest generation of rigs and antennas or do you like the classics? Discuss it here!
1968neil
Regular
Regular

Re: Roger Bleeps - New for 2021

Post by 1968neil »

Hi Folks,
It's been a while due to my current work commitments with no thanks to Mr Putins endeavours !!

Yes the box is now finished and the first batch sold out within 24hrs !!
I'm amazed to say the least, reviews have been very encouraging and some nice feedback on the quality and features.
I posted a basic video on Youtube this past week.

The little unit pretty much sells itself and i am currently really struggling to make enough of them with my limited time available.
I currently have a waiting list for these and i hope to fulfil the current backlog of orders in the next 4 weeks or so, if any one would like one please drop me a line and ill add you to my ever growing build list.
The Price is Β£139.99 inc postage. Some of you are probably going to say it seems expensive for a noise toy, however when you consider the cost of developing this unit (i started it in 2016) and the many hours of time spent i think its quite reasonable in the current climate, in fact at this price i am making a loss ! but if it keeps the hobby alive then i'm happy.

And to those that already have received theirs, thank you for your kind words and support, its means a lot .

Here are some images of the finished article.
[img]
[img]
[img]

Kind Regards
Neil
stanogs68
Veteran
Veteran

Post by stanogs68 »

Very nice , :thumbup:
love your familly
Edd200sx
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: AMC45

Post by Edd200sx »

Love that thing 😁
The Collector
Legend
Legend

Post by The Collector »

Nice and neat :)

Would there be any way to display what the beep's name is (even if shortened somewhat), rather than just the beep's number in the list? It's just a thought and it may not be possible anyway.
1968neil
Regular
Regular

Post by 1968neil »

I did contemplate displaying the bleep name, however by the time i had gotten that far i had to change the decoder chip for one that didn't have the ability.
Unfortunately due to the pandemic and the shortage of particular semiconductors i had to choose the lesser option.
It would seem that customers that already have the unit have loaded less that 30 tones onto the USB stick and say thats plenty and also easy to remember, there is always the exception but the rule of course...... :D
I may revisit the design at a later date when the semiconductor becomes available again but the current lead time on that device is 2 years !!

There was an upside to the chip change........ The Module can decode MP3 & Wav files which is quite handy.

Some more image :

[img]
[img][

Kind Regards
Neil
Base Jumper
Regular
Regular

Post by Base Jumper »

I love it , where can i get one πŸ˜ŽπŸ‘
1968neil
Regular
Regular

Post by 1968neil »

Base Jumper wrote: ↑09 May 2022, 02:20 I love it , where can i get one πŸ˜ŽπŸ‘
Hi Base Jumper,

Really sorry you missed the boat on this one, i sold out of them almost straight away.
I will have some more in production in the next couple of months, unfortunately the situation in the Ukraine isn't helping due to component shortage problems.
As soon as i have some more available ill be sure to let you all know.
Thank you to those that purchased theirs and for the wonderful feedback, it means a lot to know i hit the spot !

Kind Regards
Neil
Base Jumper
Regular
Regular

Post by Base Jumper »

Happy to wait , please put my name on one πŸ˜ŽπŸ‘
1968neil
Regular
Regular