Help with Coil Identification - Midland 38 UK

A forum for the discussion of matters of a technical nature. All such activities are undertaken at the readers discretion and own risk. If you don't know what you are doing, don't blame us if it all goes wrong!
3pinplug

Help with Coil Identification - Midland 38 UK

Post by 3pinplug »

Hallo,

I have just aquired a Midland 38 UK 12/24v version but it appears to be missing a coil as shown in the photos. From a nudge and a wink I tracked down a local good buddy who I was told had one of these and he very kindly opened his up and said that on the side of his coil it shows the following marking:-

7BM

he measured it and it is 7mm x 7mm but he was unable to give height as surrounded by wax and he didn't want to go digging, which was fair enough he had already been very helpful. Like the other coils in the radio there was also no manufacturers name on the top.

Anyone who knows there coils can they possibly tell me the value of this coil so I can try and source a replacement?

Or if anyone has a scrapper of these would you have the coil for sale?

Radio lights up and channels change ok so not sure why this would be missing.
coil1.jpg
coil2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1968neil
Regular
Regular

Re: Help with Coil Identification - Midland 38 UK

Post by 1968neil »

Thats the main T7 the VCO tuning can, its the same across all midlands of that vintage so should be easy to find in a scrap set.
or contact Thunderpole in Northampton and talk to Andy, he should be able to find you one

Regards
Neil
3pinplug

Post by 3pinplug »

Thanks Neil will give him a try, apologies for the late reply i have been away.
3pinplug

Post by 3pinplug »

Hi Neil
Tried Andy and also knights no joy, so looks like a scrapper is only option.