INTEK MT-5050 sensitivity issue 2022 help!!!

Licence free two-way radio services that now includes both FM and digital channels. Discuss models, modifications and other similar worldwide standards such as FRS and GMRS.
Tomenzo
Registered New User
Registered New User

INTEK MT-5050 sensitivity issue 2022 help!!!

Post by Tomenzo »

Hi there,

I bought couple of day's ago secondhand Intek MT-5050 for 30£ to check if the legendary reviews are not a joke :D.

Seller told that there is an mod applied which should set up the Intek to Hi/Low 4W/0,5W and only PMR mode what was reasonable to test for DX and verify the legendary power! Unfortunately after my testing looks like there is a problem with sensitivity of the secondhand INTEK or something other went wrong. When I compare it with my old (also legendary) binatone 950 in terms of the weak signals the INTEK is silent like a fish. The strong signals open the squelch well but when I set it to 0 (open squelch) or 1 to hear the far signals there is clear silence. The binatone is far far away with his sensitivity, so the purpose of my bought is totally destroyed :crazy:

After study of material from this forum a lot of useful information was found but nothing helped me to setup the INTEK to be more sensitive. I would like to ask guy's who have also the MT-5050 for a help because I am really lost whats went wrong. Also the manual trimmer changing position doesn't help to solve my issue.

Every of your opinion or suggestion is welcome and I appreciate it!

In the attachment is picture of INTEK MT-5050 board taken during my investigation.

Thanks for any answer. 73!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
pmr446man
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Re: INTEK MT-5050 sensitivity issue 2022 help!!!

Post by pmr446man »

In all fairness from what i remember the action 950 was a pretty sensitive radio.
pmr446 king.