Aerial installation in Essex

This is the place to discuss any general CB radio related topics. Getting started, installations, operation etc.
JibberJabber
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Aerial installation in Essex

Post by JibberJabber »

Can anyone recommend a fitter in Essex…. After 11 years my Gainmaster finally gave way in the last of the recent winds … I was only saying how well it has stood the test of time … So new one sitting here waiting just can’t find anyone …. One fella came from a nationwide company .. Quoted £470 ! He only had to remove the old one .. and attach the new one all fixings already there and cables clips etc … Jokers..
grafter
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Re: Aerial installation in Essex

Post by grafter »

I'd be inclined to find the local amateur radio club, group or Facebook page and see if anyone there would do it. You might not get a guarantee and PL insurance with it but you'll end up with someone who knows about comms aerials and cabling etc, does it cheaper and most likely will spend time doing a decent job rather than throwing it up as quickly as possible.
my friend grafter, seems like you are using a very offensive tone in the reply.
JibberJabber
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Re: Aerial installation in Essex

Post by JibberJabber »

Yes you are probably right … 2 fellas turned up a few days ago and said they couldn’t do it… Couldn’t figure out how it was done in the first place .. !.. Unfortunately the chap who originally did it has retired and is an amateur radio operator .. I’ll give that a go… I did put something up on Essex ham but no replies as yet…