Mountain Rescue

Scanning radio frequencies for the East Midlands
Bogget
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: Mountain Rescue

Post by Bogget »

DX-Digger wrote: 05 Mar 2022, 20:15 Thank you for pointing out the Network privacy use. Being honest I was thinking you were going to stream them on a public group i.e facebook or youtube etc.
You cant blame us for reacting the way we did. Anyway have fun Cheers :thumbsup:
I agree with most of what was said, but seriously try network radio great fun, right now im listening to Garret Fire Service (USA) you would think people who live in mainly wooden houses would be more careful small area about 30,000 people, house fires per day that need more than 1 fire engine, 6 or 7

Its the future of scanning

Bogget
Amateur does not have a CH its pronounced "am-a-tore" NOT am-a-chure !
DX-Digger
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: TM205

Post by DX-Digger »

So how do I go about listening? Can I tune in using a laptop via internet???
ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ
Bogget
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Bogget »

DX-Digger wrote: 07 Mar 2022, 02:06 So how do I go about listening? Can I tune in using a laptop via internet???
Do you have a network radio?

A Inrico T320 or simlar or what mobile phone do you have? hopefully not a crapple. :?

Bogget
paulears
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: G4RMT

Post by paulears »

What he's doing is creating a private group based on the PoC system which is PTT over the internet, but you cannot as a random person log on on-line. They are user groups - have a look at Zello to see how it works. The group 'owner' gets a request from you and if they like you, they allow you access, so you can listen to activity from anywhere the original feed point is in the world. They go through a sort of switching hub, so you can receive thousands of channels with no permission needed just by clicking. Glasgow Rangers is a great one to search through if you like serious abuse, threats, sex and violence! Other groups require the moderator to approve you, and until they do - you cannot hear anything. When my son's work radio system broke - they set up a zello system. everyone put it on their phone, and you use it like a walkie talkie - you put out a call and it comes from everybody's phone. They then set up sub groups so the cleaners had one group, the tech guys another and the managers another - they find it actually more flexible - the pain is the phones get used for other things, so they are now buying walkie-talk style radios that use zello. Works great.

The key feature here is permissions. It's rare for presecutions to happen, but the Wireless telegraphy Act still has the wording to the effect that you cannot listen to things you don't have a licence for - so rebroadcasting mountain rescue (an emergency service in status) could be decided by OFCOM to be worthy of an investigation - you cannot link Gatwick or Heathrow airport aircraft comms without hassle from the authority - that's why the people that do, keep it very, very quiet - a friends only, definitely NOT a forum subject.
DX-Digger
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: TM205

Post by DX-Digger »

Thanks for the info all understood now, So it is quite secure and generally not in the public domain,which is good.
:thumbsup:
ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ
Bogget
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Bogget »

Intresting viewpoint Paul if you want more info Digger PM me

So Paul are you saying that asking and publishing freq on here is ok but you think a network channel using those freq would be investigated because thats much worse than listening to them on a scanner after obtaining the freq from this forum?

I personally think ofcom etc. dont have the time or inclanation unless you being stupid with what you hear, and i think a blind eye is the order of the day or these forums would not be here.

Bogget
Farty
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Farty »

I'm a Lowland Rescue search manager and we cross-train with MREW a lot. Anything sensitive they drop to mobile phones, as do we. Even up in the peaks there are few places without coverage now.
In Before The Lock Champion of Total Magnificenceness May 2016