Tait 2020 Series 1 DOS Software

The place to discuss Commercial & Private licensed hand held & mobile transceivers, as well as imported hand held and mobile transceivers.
vk1tty
Registered New User
Registered New User
Call Sign: vk1tty

Tait 2020 Series 1 DOS Software

Post by vk1tty »

Hi all

I've come into possession of two Series 1 Tait 2020's 400-470 MHz and 136 - 174 MHz radios and would love to convert them into the Amateur Bands for an Echolink/IRLP gateway repeater using an Arduino as the controller and Raspberry Pi 4 as the Gateway

I learnt the hard-way that these radios of mine are Series 1's and not 2's after with the WINDOZE "Conventional Programming Application" erroring out telling me that the radios were "Unknown" {bnghd}

Been desperately looking for the Tait 2020 Series 1 "PGM2020" DOS programmer all over the net but alas my search has been fruitless {bnghd}

I currently have a lead made up using VK6YSF's method of DB9 to RJ12 Image

I've seen there has been alot of discussion of the Tait series radios here and hoping that one of the forum members may have a .zip of said DOS programmer somewhere on hand :think:

Thanks in Advance!

Cheers from VK
26mb04
Call Sign: 26DG01

Re: Tait 2020 Series 1 DOS Software

Post by 26mb04 »

It's out there, I haven't used it in a while so I'm not sure if I still have it anywhere. There is a load of info on here about those old Tait 2020 V1's. They are very re-useable, you can swap the band boards around between radios too.
Sent from my GP300 using DTMF
DX-Digger
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: TM205

Re: Tait 2020 Series 1 DOS Software

Post by DX-Digger »

He Joined and posted on the 23rd and hasnt been back since, I sent a pm to him which sat unred for 3 days so I deleted it.
He obviously must have found it elsewhere :thumbsup:
ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ