CRT SS6900 dat files?

The place to talk about specific radios, equipment and accessories. Do you prefer the latest generation of rigs and antennas or do you like the classics? Discuss it here!
SgtBilko302
Radio Addict
Radio Addict
Call Sign: 108ct302

Re: CRT SS6900 dat files?

Post by SgtBilko302 »

It's ok to use it like that. Most suppliers that program the radio's do it that way. It's not really noticeable on FM.
If you want one with the .25 at the end and uk40 on band F drop me a PM with your email. This is a V6 DAT file.

Band A - 28.255 TO 28.655 ( 10 MTR )
Band B - 26.065 TO 26.505 ( SUP LOW )
Band C - 26.515 TO 26.955 (LOW )
Band D - 26.965 TO 27.405 ( MID )
Band E - 27.415 TO 27.855 ( HI )
Band F - 27.60125 TO 27.99125 ( UK40 )
astradyne

Post by astradyne »

zonerc wrote: 30 Jul 2020, 15:02 Hi anyone know why when I use a data file on a CRT 6900n V6 Including the one on this page.

the uk 40 looks right be for I write it to the radio but once a write it all the channels say 20 at the end of the frequency instead of 25?

thanks in advance
This will be completely unnoticeable on FM mode.
Never, ever, ever....bloody anything ever!

Far too many radio's to list here. But I do own a legal one...
Crackle
Regular
Regular

Post by Crackle »

There is a glitch in the software that uploads the channel frequencies, the 50 Hz figure is left off. I guess the lazy programmer decided as most bands have a zero for the last 2 digits they didn't cater for out inept UK government, who decided to make the UK FM band different to the rest of the world, so the last digit is not uploaded. If you want it more accurate just go through each channel on the radio and increment the last digit up to 5.
Just think yourself lucky they enabled the software to upload the 200 Hz digit as that would be noticeable if it was left off.

In the zip file I uploaded a few posts back, the file called SS-6900 UK C D E & 10m bands.dat has the following frequencies;
see this PDF file.
mikes_6900N_11m_&_10m_channels.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
GDog
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: RedWold

Post by GDog »

Hi All and sorry for digging up this post.
Its actually very useful!
I dont know what is best to do with the DAT files posted by Crackle.
I want to be able to cover 25 to 30Mhz, can I do this in 6 sets of 60 channels on the CRT6900N V6?
I feel like each file gives me something I want but then I want something from another DAT file :D
I am interested in scanning rather than transmitting, listening in and hearing what goes on across the 5MHZ range from 25 to 30.
Does anyone have a DAT file that does this?

Also, could someone please tell me if I am in fact wasting my time with this idea?
Should I for instance not bother with some frequencies because I would get very little from them?
Thanks again
GDog
Regular
Regular

Post by GDog »

OK so I decided on UK, Low, Mid, High, 10Meter on E and F.
I am tempted to try and input the full 360 channels.
I am surprised no one has done this before. I will have a crack at it anyway.
SgtBilko302
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by SgtBilko302 »

If you're going to do the full 360 channels, ( 60 ch per block. ) by the time you get to mid band your channels will be out of sync.

IE : 26.965 won't be on Ch1 on the same band selector as say 27.315 Ch 31 ( Calling Freq )

It's probably ok to do on 10 mtr band as you can set the frequencies at 5khz gaps and use up more channel space.

Paul.
GDog
Regular
Regular

Post by GDog »

Hi Paul thanks for the insight you have given and also the PM which has put me on the right track.

So I've finally started to understand how frequency allocations work and why I don't need to cover all the bands etc. (at least this early on in my radio career)

Some frequencies are for voice. Some are for morse code over CW and some are used for TV/video even!

I am still trying to understand why anyone would use computers in conjunction with radio but that's another learning curve for me. I work in IT so the last thing I want to do is switch on a computer when I get home but maybe my mindset will change.

Even more mind blowing for me at the moment is the subject of Repeaters

I'm a bit of a noob so I'm sure it will all make sense in the end.

Who pays for these repeaters? Are they government funded? Will they fund them forever? And more worryingly will they take them away and stop funding if people dont use them? More reason for people to do the foundation course and use them I think!

I have noticed at work that young people dont know what a CB is. That is an eye opener.

I mentioned a CB radio to a young person today and they told me they didn't know what one was, but they used to play with Virtual Pets....

Interestingly now I am starting to hear better signals on my more modern set than I did on the 40 year old rigs.

I used to say I wouldn't buy a modern set but I am more open minded to technology and radio. I quite like my CRT and for me it's a modern multimode.

Thanks again for all the help. Great forum and good people on here.
SgtBilko302
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by SgtBilko302 »

Hi Greg.
Repeaters are used as a way of furthering your signal.
Think of a repeater at the top of a hill. The guy you want to contact is in the town on the other side of the hill.
The repeater allows you to do that. Mostly vhf / uhf as it's line of sight.
Mainly designed to help mobile operators.
The repeaters are kept and funded by either individuals ( Keepers ) or repeater groups.
Hope that gives you a sort of insight into the uses of repeaters.

Paul.
sladest
Registered New User
Registered New User

Post by sladest »

hi can you send me the data files thnx.