Hello from Austin, Texas

A place for new members to say hello and to introduce yourself.

If you're not sure where to post, try here!
Edward
Registered New User
Registered New User
Call Sign: 2CT206

Hello from Austin, Texas

Post by Edward »

My name is Edward and I returning to CB radio after being away for over 40 years. I am currently working on an 11 meter J-pole antenna. I am not sure what to expect after 4 decades but I remember enjoying long conversations regarding various topics. I feel it is important to be respectful, patient and courteous to others on the air. My educational background is in Physics and Mathematics. I have taught Physics, Electronics and Radio Communications courses at a technical trade school. I love Linux and use Raspberry Pi computers for many things such as web-page design, radio programming as well as an entertainment center. I hope to enjoy many conversations and look forward to meeting new people on the air. Do most CB radio operators still use handles? What is the best way to identify yourself on the air? Should I use my old US FCC call sign ? Not sure about how things go these days.
Transwarp
Veteran
Veteran
Call Sign: Viper

Re: Hello from Austin, Texas

Post by Transwarp »

Hello Edward from myself here in England and welcome to the forum. Handles are still used here on CB mainly for local contacts, DX-ers on CB use call signs normally. Plenty of folk on the forum with technical knowledge (don't know about physics though) and Linux and Ras Pi users so plenty to convers about. Enjoy!
Champion of IBTL Christmas Edition 2023.
Champion of IBTL Autumn 2022 Edition.