Midland CT-990 Programming Software or CHIRP fix required

Here you can discuss Datamodes for all bands (PSK31, FT8, JS8Call, etc), Software Defined Radio topics & General Radio Software or apps
tigerbay
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: MW6DZR

Midland CT-990 Programming Software or CHIRP fix required

Post by tigerbay »

Recently got hold of a Midland CT-990 and would like to programme it to match my other radios - however I am having difficulties searching for (and being able to purchase) software or a CHIRP configuration that can do this. Keep also finding that the menus of the CT-990 are abit difficult to get my head around, so any help would be gratefully received, thanks.
bigpimp347
Legend
Legend

Re: Midland CT-990 Programming Software or CHIRP fix required

Post by bigpimp347 »

10w :D love to see that on a proper power meter..

any how.. try messaging the programmer sof Chirp, search john miklor on facebook, he's pretty decent, i have him on my friends and got him to add the third band to a baofeng file as it wasn't there,
and as Chirp is updated pretty much every day down load a newer version, or maybe you still have an older version that worked before ??

also as the radios are pretty Generic, try Baofeng or TYT, if it downloads and reads from radio it should upload..
I want to Die Asleep like my Grandad did,
Unlike his Passengers, Screaming and Shouting.!
Mikel
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Re: Midland CT-990 Programming Software or CHIRP fix required

Post by Mikel »

Nevada sell the programming software for CT-990 (and other models) called Midland PRG-10, costs £26.95 with the lead, not sure if it is floating around on the web somewhere mind you.

Midland don't actually make them so like pimple stated try Baofeng, TYT etc

Problem with modern radios, more menus than a chain of Chinese restaurants.

Edit - just remembered in the past Midland were re-badged Wouxun so maybe worth trying.
................................................................................................2W0NBF.........................................................