Need experience help lol

Scanning radio frequencies for Scotland
Klsg420
Regular
Regular

Re: Need experience help lol

Post by Klsg420 »

Aye when this group of people have came up. the scanner they have is like something you'd see in the war movies lol cheers man ill have a look at that too. I went on https://ukrepeater.net as paulears said been scanning through the frequency on the glasgow ranges on 145 one I managed to pick up something I could slightly hear emerdale theme tune :lol:
Klsg420
Regular
Regular

Post by Klsg420 »

Alright guys I've had my anytone for a month now and after getting my head round it to program the thing I'm now getting a good amount of activity on dmr like managing to hear my local shopping guards n building sites but tonight I left it on scan mode and went out and when I came back it was sitting on 180.53750 I could see the callers id my radio was indicating there was a signal there but I couldn't hear anything but when I turn it to anogle n had the ctcss set correct as apparently the radio can find it. the noise that came through and it was like a jack hammer has anyone got an idea who or what it could be. Cheers :thumbup: :thumbup:
scottyboy
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by scottyboy »

Which anytone do you have as my 868 only goes to 174.000 then to uhf
2M0SRM

Quansheng tg-uv2
yaesu FT-7900E
Motorola DP3600 UHF + VHF
MTH800
MTP850s
SRH3800
CM-9000
MTM5400
paulears
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: G4RMT

Post by paulears »

Airband is also 108-136MHz AM so your anytone isn't the right thing. You've got so much conflicting info that you are totally confused. I cannot imagine you will find programming a DMR radio easy, of the real basics of repeaters and frequency bands are not really understood yet. Ham band DMR radios are rubbish at scanning. Scanners tend to be very poor for ham bands and of course radio as a receiving hobby is split into so many different sub hobbies. Airband civilian, airband military, marine, satellites, local or world wide digital, business radio all have their lovers. One radio rarely does them all well. You'll almost certainly need outside rooftop antennas too if you want a bit more distance. Where do your interests lay?
Klsg420
Regular
Regular

Post by Klsg420 »

Hi guys it's the 878 and i joined a anytone Facebook page are the administrators on that sent me there website on how to set the radio up and it had a section where you can do mods to the radio and I followed the instructions to expand the radio frequency. I am getting my head round how to make a codeplug for dmr but you are correct about the basic of repeaters and band frequencies but I've emailed all the radio clubs in Glasgow and Lanarkshire areas but they aren't having any meetings due to covid pish I've heard a few ham radio guys speaking on like 145.4500. The reason why I was trying to get into radio was to listen to police but I know I won't hear them cause of treta then my next eary wigging was the council and the railway. Cheers lads :thumbup: :thumbup: